for the bikers on here :) what bike wear

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
hi lads,

getting a motorbike very soon as per my what bike thread :)

But looking at getting my kit now, Im starting uni in feb 09 so gonna be cold, wet, dark ... you get the idea lol !

I want either blue or red, red/blue leather set for the bike plus waterproof kit, boots etc.

any pointers people please.

i seen this on ebay from the same shop i got by chain and box lox from

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160189282025&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

i like that alot, thing is... how does the sizing work ? say im a 46 chest.. do i get a 48 ? etc

cheers lads i know ya will come though :)

as above if you getting wet get textiles(leathers take to long to dry) good set of cordura trousers and coat with armour, just in case. I got good set of Ebay brand new from shop very cheap. I personally prefer alpine star smx-r boots, very strong,comfortable and dry. Get the quilt lined trousers and jacket that you can remove in the summer. got this jacket from this dealer good jacket and reliable service, he sells loads of stuff on there
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROSSI-CAMO-Wa...ryZ30222QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
One other thing better to have snug fit than a loose fit, if its loose the wind will get in and freeze your b**locks off

Work the work trip I have a spyke goretec jacket and pants, full knox armour never let any water in yet :) Get the best you can afford and dont skimp on the helmet, how much is your head worth ?

As everyones said, got to be textiles there's nothing worse than putting on damp leathers! personally I prefer salopette trousers as it stops the cold drafts around the small of your back. The other things I think is a must for winter riding is a Fogcity Hyper Optiks visor insert, their brilliant in stopping the visor fogging up, I use mine all year round hence the Hyper Optiks (reactor light) saves wearing sunnies in your lid during the summer.

Before you order it online, if your getting the bike from a dealer ask what discount they'll give you on clothes, most will give you 10-15% as you've bought a bike and you can try them on to get the right size.

Hope you enjoy your new bike, just take it easy till you get used to it, trust me it hurts if you come off it!

Last edited:
As everyones said, got to be textiles there's nothing worse than putting on damp leathers! personally I prefer salopette trousers as it stops the cold drafts around the small of your back. The other things I think is a must for winter riding is a Fogcity Hyper Optiks visor insert, their brilliant in stopping the visor fogging up, I use mine all year round hence the Hyper Optiks (reactor light) saves wearing sunnies in your lid during the summer.

Before you order it online, if your getting the bike from a dealer ask what discount they'll give you on clothes, most will give you 10-15% as you've bought a bike and you can try them on to get the right size.

Hope you enjoy your new bike, just take it easy till you get used to it, trust me it hurts if you come off it!

cheers for the comments all :) appreaciated

zzzz2 :

Ive not heard of that visor thing before, I wear glasses normally so would it still work.. i have sunglasses that are prescription and normal glasses...

I should be getting bike from a dealer, think i will go for the yzfr125 if i just do cbt then restricted or if i do DACs i will go for a 400cc variety maybe even a R6. I have riden before and often ride offroad on a KX125, yes your right it does bloody hurt when ya come off lol ! I come off the KX over the track, went about 10ft in the air and landed on the bottom of my spine... couldnt move for weeks without pain lol... still all fun.. NOT lol

Fogcity's are a thin plastic film you stick to the inside of the visor, it has a small air gap so acts like double glazing. I got fed up with the visor fogging up and not being able to see so got one and been using ever since!

Fogcity

I'd go for the Direct Access, you'll soon get fed up of a 125, I've got a Yam Fazer 600, they use a slightly de-tuned R6 engine but go like sh1t off a shovel!!! and are a bit more ride-able at slower speeds plus the insurance is about a 1/3 of a R6. Talking about insurance I'd avoid anything with a 'R' in it as with a new licence you'll be paying loads!

Yeah I hit a patch of diesel while accelerating hard and slid on my arse following the bike for about 50 metres and had to spend 4 weeks off it due to a broken thumb (clutch hand) I just loved getting the tube instead of riding the bike to work.

Fogcity's are a thin plastic film you stick to the inside of the visor, it has a small air gap so acts like double glazing. I got fed up with the visor fogging up and not being able to see so got one and been using ever since!

Fogcity

I'd go for the Direct Access, you'll soon get fed up of a 125, I've got a Yam Fazer 600, they use a slightly de-tuned R6 engine but go like sh1t off a shovel!!! and are a bit more ride-able at slower speeds plus the insurance is about a 1/3 of a R6. Talking about insurance I'd avoid anything with a 'R' in it as with a new licence you'll be paying loads!

Yeah I hit a patch of diesel while accelerating hard and slid on my arse following the bike for about 50 metres and had to spend 4 weeks off it due to a broken thumb (clutch hand) I just loved getting the tube instead of riding the bike to work.

They look good mate, do they fit all visors then mate ? farther in law uses a spray that is like a cleaner on the visor and it stops it foggin, he said that its quite good.

cheers

i have just bought a shoei helmet and this lense comes free with it. am well pleased with because on me last lesson the visor kept fogging up ! lifted the visor up and got a face full of flys instead ! dont know wots worse !! lol

They look good mate, do they fit all visors then mate ? farther in law uses a spray that is like a cleaner on the visor and it stops it foggin, he said that its quite good.
cheers

They do 2 versions, 1 for Arai lids and then another for all the other makes, get one off ebay as otherwise their something like £40?!?!?! but they'll last for a year+

There's quite a few sprays out but they all only last about 3 days, think the best I tried was a Bob Heath spray and that lasted less than a week but there's a cheaper way that works just as well as the sprays that's to wipe the inside of the visor with a single drop of washing up liquid and polish it till clear with a paper towel.

i have just bought a shoei helmet and this lense comes free with it. am well pleased with because on me last lesson the visor kept fogging up ! lifted the visor up and got a face full of flys instead ! dont know wots worse !! lol

A bumble bee at 70+mph!!!! another lesson learned, always have your visor down at speeds lol!

Yeah a few places give you a fogcity or pinlock, haven't tried the pinlock yet but they are supposed to be as good as a fogcity.

A bumble bee at 70+mph!!!! another lesson learned, always have your visor down at speeds lol!

Yeah a few places give you a fogcity or pinlock, haven't tried the pinlock yet but they are supposed to be as good as a fogcity.

its the pinlock one got.

Back