focus key fob 07

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14
VIP Member
hi guys hope someone in the know might be able to help. i have just got my self a new focus 07 bottom of the range model. so bottom of the range it has a tape deck and no key fob. i was wondering though would i just be able to tune a keyfob to the car and use it? also what would i have to do to use the cd/aux button on the radio/tape deck? thanks for any help anyone can give

hi guys hope someone in the know might be able to help. i have just got my self a new focus 07 bottom of the range model. so bottom of the range it has a tape deck and no key fob. i was wondering though would i just be able to tune a keyfob to the car and use it? also what would i have to do to use the cd/aux button on the radio/tape deck? thanks for any help anyone can give
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14
VIP Member
so i can just get a key fob? i know to tune them you have to turn the key and press a button on the fob but what is the correct sequence? also where would the cd changer plug in? please mate

T

thommohawk

errr no not if your wanting to use it for unlocking the doors remotely (if you want a spare key then probably yes but not for remote locking/unlocking)....if the car is basic and it dont have the electrics for central locking then it wont work, you cant program a fob to lock the doors if the doors ain't got the required motors in them,

if its got central locking then it should have come with a fob, most cars these days have central locking as standard on them, but likelihood is if it came with a standard key then its manual lock only.

you cant make a plane fly without wings so you cant close the doors via fob if it hasn't got central locking on board in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14
VIP Member
well i read the manuel and followed the steps with the origional key to see if the car beeped as it should during programming for a keyfob and it did beep. so i have ordered a keyfob from ebay and i will see if it works the hard way. i will post my results

T

thommohawk

hope it works for you, but if they did put central locking in the doors you would imagine they,d just give you a fob in the first place,

fingers crossed.

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14
VIP Member
thanks for the support.

TEST