Fm radio station not very clear

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a asure car GPS, works fine but fm radio channels keep fading in and out, some times signal is clear and strong, another time lots of disstotion and not very clear..I read I need a fm in car radio sig amplifier..any recommendations?
Looks like only way is to remove the unit from my vw golf tdi.ta

is it going into a vw ? if so vw use a powered system and you will need to buy the add on
more info on the unit and type of connection on the back is needed to show you the right part need

yes its a vw golf mk 6, i took out the rcd310 radio and have connected up a double din asure unit....but fm signal is terrible , see pics, the first pic is an inline fm signal amplifier that ive bought, the second picture is the wiring from my car, but how do i connect part A to part B ? do i need some sort of adaptor..?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20190118_115937.jpg
    20190118_115937.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10
it appears that i allready have an inbuilt amplifier for the fm signal, i contacted the ebay seller i bought the item form and he said , it ws the wrong one anyway , plus looking at the picture i sent him, i have an inbuild amp...anyway i connected the two blue wires together both labelled "auto ant" and no difference to the fm reception.....might try another inline ampo..

Auto antennae is that for electric aerial control only.

yes it is used to control an electrical aerial to come out when the headunit is switched on , im assuming

Inbuilt amp was mentioned as in high powered unit which some radios are like 20w x 4 for speakers.
Not heard of amps needed for fm issues but how good an aerial is will have an effect on unit.

Back