fleet air arm

looks pretty good there m8 where is it might go there for a look around.I like that sort of thing :Clap:

thats pretty amazing fireblade I have put it in a file under places to visit. Bet you spent hours there didnt you.What was concorde like can you go in it?

thats pretty amazing fireblade I have put it in a file under places to visit. Bet you spent hours there didnt you.What was concorde like can you go in it?

well mate i spent a good hour in there, when you first go in the the place you can go round and have a look at all the planes/helecopters hen you can go on a tour of the carrier and i got to say the tour was amasing bigtime, yes mate you can go in to the concorde and will say its massive inside, you can accually see the engine on the back of it, really good, if you like planes and helecopters thats the place to goo. have got a few more pictures here if u want to see them??

NASA - Home

well mate i spent a good hour in there, when you first go in the the place you can go round and have a look at all the planes/helecopters hen you can go on a tour of the carrier and i got to say the tour was amasing bigtime, yes mate you can go in to the concorde and will say its massive inside, you can accually see the engine on the back of it, really good, if you like planes and helecopters thats the place to goo. have got a few more pictures here if u want to see them??

NASA - Home

course i want to see them m8:proud:I am well impressed. I have been to the museum in manchester and that is good but its not a patch on where you went.

looks a good day out mate, been to Duxford near Cambridge very similar and also a great day out, my boys loved it !

nice pictures fireblade.Just had a look at duxford site that looks pretty good aswell.We will have to get mickie to arrange a dw members day out there what do you think.:proud:

nice pictures fireblade.Just had a look at duxford site that looks pretty good aswell.We will have to get mickie to arrange a dw members day out there what do you think.:proud:

Duxford is excellent mate, they have various shows on as well through the summer. There was no show on when we went but a chap took a mustang up and thrashed it good and proper.

Did Sunderland airshow last weekend, absolutely brilliant, £5 to park the car all day, free shuttle bus to and fro and the airshow was free :Hit:

Duxford is excellent mate, they have various shows on as well through the summer. There was no show on when we went but a chap took a mustang up and thrashed it good and proper.

Did Sunderland airshow last weekend, absolutely brilliant, £5 to park the car all day, free shuttle bus to and fro and the airshow was free :Hit:

Thats another one to put down on my list for visiting thanks for the info muskrat i am on my way :scooter:

fireblade I took your advice about going to the fleet air arm museum and we had a great time there Concorde was huge. We stayed in a hotel near by. Have you been to the haynes car museum just up the road from there that was really good as well.

thanks fireblade:Clap:

fireblade I took your advice about going to the fleet air arm museum and we had a great time there Concorde was huge. We stayed in a hotel near by. Have you been to the haynes car museum just up the road from there that was really good as well.

thanks fireblade:Clap:

hey miggy, no worries mate, nah mate i did not go there was thinking about it on the day but chose not to :)

NASA - Home

I can definately recommend Duxford. Its a bit pricy to get in but effectivily you get two museams in one as there is a large US hanger as well which has SR-71 and B52 amongst others.

hey miggy, no worries mate, nah mate i did not go there was thinking about it on the day but chose not to :)

NASA - Home

Did you know filton airfield has got another concorde on display there and it is full equiped including seats unlike the prototype at the museum.There is talk about Richard Branson investing some money and getting concorde flying again for the olympic games in 2012.

Did you know filton airfield has got another concorde on display there and it is full equiped including seats unlike the prototype at the museum.There is talk about Richard Branson investing some money and getting concorde flying again for the olympic games in 2012.

sounds good mate hope they do get it goin again :) did you have a look in the concorde it self, found it really good exspeshally the cockpit :)

NASA - Home

sounds good mate hope they do get it goin again :) did you have a look in the concorde it self, found it really good exspeshally the cockpit :)

NASA - Home
Yes mate I walked the length of the plane. The cockpit was a little small in my opinion going of the size of the plane. That made up aircraft carrier was good, Did you watch that film clip of that plane rolling of the ship?. A brilliant day out mate we spent about 5 hours there

Back