Fleabay

ao101

Inactive User
Reaction score
Probably wron thread , but I'll ask anyhow. Fleabay , What happens if you sell a box on it , both non modded and modded , whats the score ???

i think they cancel it straight away when you have the word modded or chipped in there.

seen quite a few unmodded not getting pulled over the last week or two (infact i bought one today)

I mean if I stick a modded on on fleabay using all the right language. Am I likely to expect a call from the local plod ?

doubt it mate.

I'd say worst case scenario you'll get your auction pulled. Theres a million and one reasons why someone could have a chipped box up for sale. Just don't be encouraging people to engage in theft of service in your auction details and make the chipped references very subtle.

i got a sammy the other day bloke said something like
"samsung bla bla bla ect... this box has some numbers wrote on the bottom of the box but i dont no what they are for"
"you will need to cotact your cable supllier to arrange connetion"
as u can guess this was a modded box :)

As always cheers guys , With Christmas coming the kids need kept in shoes right !!

ok all the peeps in this thread - you need to be aware of a few facts.

DW is not here to enable you to modify boxes and sell them on ebay. THIS IS TRADING it is against forum rules. It doesn't matter how many pairs of shoes you need, helping a fellow member is one thing. Selling F@@kin modded boxes on ebay is quite another.
It may also bring this site into disrepute!!!

ao101 said:
As always cheers guys , With Christmas coming the kids need kept in shoes right !!

There are easier and more honest ways of makin a few quid and you aint got yer neck on the line.

ao101 said:
Probably wron thread , but I'll ask anyhow. Fleabay , What happens if you sell a box on it , both non modded and modded , whats the score ???

what kind of a question is this ????? what do you think the score is mate

Sorry , just had to ask the question. I do realise that the forum is not for this , but curiosity killed the cat right ?? Apologies. Honest.
So I take it the answer to my question is 'you get nicked ?'

sorry guys:( did not intend to condone the selling of modded boxes on fleebay for a profit!
I may self am thinking of getting a dbox to replace the pace up stairs ( after probs with au) and i was thinking of selling the pace on ebay! not to make a profit but to get back some of the money i spent buying it on ebay in the first place then i could put this towards the dbox.
but i concider myself well and truly : spank :

i guy on another forum put a box on fleebay & sometime later his door come off its hinges helped by the local plod so think on.

might just find another room to put box in then!
now i think of it i always miss a goal when i pop to the loo during a game!!:WEE1:
hey they have lcds in the loo of my local so why not mine!

Your asking for trouble, firstly you do not and can not own a cable box whatever circumstances you obtained it, it allways belongs to the CC's.
If you sell it on Fleabay you are in fact trying to sell something you dont own and the auction will get pulled.
I know of a guy that used to mod boxes and sell them on Fleabay when digital cable first came out he made over £30,000, sounds great but he had a knock on the door one day only to find a rep from F.A.C.T and mr plod standing there.
They took his car and his house and banged him up for three years, i would think twice about your question mate.

ao101 said:
Sorry , just had to ask the question. I do realise that the forum is not for this , but curiosity killed the cat right ?? Apologies. Honest.
So I take it the answer to my question is 'you get nicked ?'

its simple as that mate

draindet said:
Your asking for trouble, firstly you do not and can not own a cable box whatever circumstances you obtained it, it allways belongs to the CC's.
If you sell it on Fleabay you are in fact trying to sell something you dont own and the auction will get pulled.
I know of a guy that used to mod boxes and sell them on Fleabay when digital cable first came out he made over £30,000, sounds great but he had a knock on the door one day only to find a rep from F.A.C.T and mr plod standing there.
They took his car and his house and banged him up for three years, i would think twice about your question mate.

I do agree with you but some time ago jimmyq put a post on here saying the police had sold ntl boxes at auction ! ie stolen property never claimed !

soz jimmyq if it wasnt you that said about but am sure it was

so if the polce can sell them why cant others ? also you should not sell chipped boxes for a profit

mascot18 said:
I do agree with you but some time ago jimmyq put a post on here saying the police had sold ntl boxes at auction ! ie stolen property never claimed !

soz jimmyq if it wasnt you that said about but am sure it was

so if the polce can sell them why cant others ? also you should not sell chipped boxes for a profit

yes it was me mate i even showed the link to the auction the reason for that was if they can why cant we...LOL

i guess they can also speed at 60 mph on a 30mph zone so why cant we: shocked2

JIMMYQ said:
yes it was me mate i even showed the link to the auction the reason for that was if they can why cant we...LOL

i guess they can also speed at 60 mph on a 30mph zone so why cant we: shocked2

And i bet there are a few coppers out there with chipped boxes and are members of this site lol lol

Back