Fleabay

DessertDog

Inactive User
Reaction score
I see fleabay are removing dboxes by the truck load they sent me emails saying they breached there rules etc. i was watching 10 and nine have been removed looks like its going to get hardy to get a dbox before much longer.I was not selling them before you comment i was just watching them on sale all by the same seller too.

We all know what people do with dboxes, but the box itself isnt itself illegal unless its pluged in to an operators network.

Do you remember who the seller was?

zaphoddigital said:
We all know what people do with dboxes, but the box itself isnt itself illegal unless its pluged in to an operators network.
No, it's not illegal to own a Dbox and leave it unplugged from the cable company's network, but it is technically illegal to sell hardware which can be used to obtain illegal cable, even if you're not supplying it with the software/image to do so. Ironically, that means a PC with a DVB-C card should be illegal to sell too, so it's kind of an odd law to try and enforce. I am not sure where eBay draws the line, but I suspect the closed auctions suggested that it could be used for such purposes.

If you list the item as a "FTA - FREE TO AIR" cable receiver then you shouldnt have any problems. Dont even mention the words "ntl" or "telewest". Even if your just saying: "connecting this equipment to an ntl/telewest line will contravene their tems and conditions".

Mention no company names. DO NOT mention anything other than "free channels". Do NOT even hint that it could be used for malicious purposes.

If somebody is looking at a DBOX auction on eBay, then they already know exactly what the box does - you dont need to remind them.

Watch your wording and you should be ok ;)

ALSO: You can now contact eBay to ask them the EXACT reason why a listing was ended. If they mention anything about illegal then you can appeal against it and they will relist your item for free (trust me... i've done it)

Liam.

zaphoddigital said:
Do you remember who the seller was?
yes i have the sellers name m8 but i dont think it would be right to post it on here if you really want it msn me [email protected]

buy them from ebay.de .. easy. stick some cash in an enverlop if you dont have a german bank acount. some do take paypal but not many. direct bank transfers will cost u loads.
just double check that it is a dbox2 for cable, quite often its not .. and posting it back or getting ur money back can be a pain.
if u need a few standard german phrases msg me..
i havent tryed it but if u want to sell on ebay .. why not list via ebay.de or any other country and set world wide delivery (or even just uk delivery) have to postage cost low and stat that the box is in the UK .. might work easyer then selling via ebay.co.uk .. or even try the other auction places .. ebid.co.uk maybe?

Back