FLD5W Conditioning filter

aRo

Member ++
Reaction score
Hey all,
Ok, my box started to reboot continuously so i went and did some searching.
possible solutions found and tried are:
1. reset trhough removing red jumper ( then had to reset net id and all) - result ok for a while but still same problem.
2. Check used correct files - done and correct.
3. Possibility of low signal - ok asked NT hell and made up some stuff so they come round and did some checks. Said possible but shouldnt be a problem. Anyway, engineer goes and puts in an FLD5W digital signal conditioning filter (it goes between the cable feed and the box.
Question - what is this and should i be wary of it?
I havent plugged in my modded box yet so dont know if this has been fixed by this solution.
any ideas guys?

happyjim said:
yeah plug the box in then.,....is it an anologue box
DI4000N box.

so what I dont need to worry about what it does and just plug it in? Want to know what it does first.

I'll see what i can find on the net.

Ok found this on NTHell forum:

"it reduces the signal strength going to the modem, it could be that when tested the signal was too powerful for the modem to handle, therefore the attenuator was fitted. A signal that's too strong will affect performance as much as a signal that's too weak."

This talks about modem but i think its the same (coorect me if im wrong guys)
but I thought my signal should should be stronger not weaker?

being tempted to just plug oit in now...

aRo said:
Ok found this on NTHell forum:

"it reduces the signal strength going to the modem, it could be that when tested the signal was too powerful for the modem to handle, therefore the attenuator was fitted. A signal that's too strong will affect performance as much as a signal that's too weak."

This talks about modem but i think its the same (coorect me if im wrong guys)
but I thought my signal should should be stronger not weaker?

being tempted to just plug oit in now...

Still havent plugged it in... can anyone tell me whether its ok to plug it in please?

its ok to plug it back in m8-- {doubt if this filter will stop your box from re-booting}

are you ntl {davic} or excw ???

what loader version is the box ? {check the e/menu and post it up here}

aRo said:
Hey all,
Ok, my box started to reboot continuously so i went and did some searching.
possible solutions found and tried are:
1. reset trhough removing red jumper ( then had to reset net id and all) - result ok for a while but still same problem.
2. Check used correct files - done and correct.
3. Possibility of low signal - ok asked NT hell and made up some stuff so they come round and did some checks. Said possible but shouldnt be a problem. Anyway, engineer goes and puts in an FLD5W digital signal conditioning filter (it goes between the cable feed and the box.
Question - what is this and should i be wary of it?
I havent plugged in my modded box yet so dont know if this has been fixed by this solution.
any ideas guys?

Its a tracking device that will record everything you've watched,it also doubles as a fone bug.Cn also eaves drop conversation and record within 20 meter radius.:stickout:

UNDETTERRED said:
Its a tracking device that will record everything you've watched,it also doubles as a fone bug.Cn also eaves drop conversation and record within 20 meter radius.:stickout:

nice1 pmsl....

UNDETTERRED said:

M8 after watching 24 series non-stop (on 4th season now) - you'd feel the dame way :Kickassro

benny59 said:
its ok to plug it back in m8-- {doubt if this filter will stop your box from re-booting}
are you ntl {davic} or excw ???
what loader version is the box ? {check the e/menu and post it up here}
I did plug it back in and it didnt stop rebooting (waited for about an hour!). Took filter off and it kept rebooting for about 10-15 minutes before it settled down.
Loader version is 08 Jun 2001 and am ex cw.
I checked boot log and it had:
event code Event message
170 CM Broadcast ranging failed.
fail

Back