Flat Roof Leaking

tottenhamboys

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi people, had guy come out about my Flat Roof today as ive got a little leak comeing down the bathroom was told he could pach up the leak for £50 but he did say that the roof needs doing and told me about this Sealoflex waterproofing system he did give me a price of £1800 all in with 20years guarantee anyone had this done and can give me some advice on this and what do you think about the price

Thanks

Don't know if you are interested in having a go yourself, but I recently did mine including replacing all the OSB boards and fitting a rubber membrane instead of felt.

Got the job done for under £700 and it was quite a big roof, the kit came with everything needed inc the black steel flashing.

Have a look YOUR LEAK STOPS HERE! - 07877896505 / 01980670080 [email protected]

The guy is a good bloke and explains all that you need to know.

Frenchman

had mine fiberglassed job done
if you in notts have a mate with his own firm

Whoever you have do the job think of the long term.

20 years guarantee is only as good as the viability of whoever does the job.

If you can try and pay at least some of the bill (ideally half of it by Credit Card. That way if anything goes wrong and the firm has vanished you have the CC company equally liable with the trader.

Whoever you have do the job think of the long term.

20 years guarantee is only as good as the viability of whoever does the job.

If you can try and pay at least some of the bill (ideally half of it by Credit Card. That way if anything goes wrong and the firm has vanished you have the CC company equally liable with the trader.

The only thing is who do you trust now a days its alot of money to pay out to one guy in a white van lol

Some companies offer warranty with independent company so even if building firm goes under you are still covered.

well this isnt a good news post but from my experience (and i've got loads) no reputable roofing firm will do a patch job. its guaranteed to leak. so if you must patch its actually better to do it yourself

My dad has 3 flat roof propertys and one needs a new roof, He has been told by the planning department that it must also have insulation to meet current regs so it went from £2k to £4k :(.

The regs may not count if you live in the property yourself as my father is a landlord.

My dad has 3 flat roof propertys and one needs a new roof, He has been told by the planning department that it must also have insulation to meet current regs so it went from £2k to £4k :(.

The regs may not count if you live in the property yourself as my father is a landlord.

Saw one mate tell you dad good look

There are two kinds of flat roof: cold roof or warm roof
A cold roof has no insulation on the roof deck but must be vented on all sides and insulation placed above ceiling leaving a 2 inch gap for airflow. The object of which is to help combat condensation, which is the biggest threat to flat roofs.

A warm roof has insulation slabs on top of the roof but under the roof covering (felt etc). This roof has no ventilation. The primary purpose of this specification is also to combat condensation.

If you viewed my video you will notice the so called 'rubber roof covering' is floating free. The reason for this is that the roofdeck sweats badly under this stuff and breaks down the water based glue with which the roof covering is intermittently fixed.

Had my bay roof re done with a resin material that is similar to fibreglass you can paint it etc to match you premises as it comes grey, good thing is once done forget about it last a lifetime.

Back