Flashing via Xecuter connection kit

BadKarma

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am thinking of flashing my drive but I have a few questions I was hoping you clever chaps can help me with.

I am 100% certain I have a Samsung drive going by the tray diagrams but I do not know whether it's a MS25 or MS28. I am guessing MS28 because I bought it recently.

1. The box is only 2 months old should I wait until the guarantee expires? Or can I remove warranty stickers some clever way and put them back?
2. When I plugged an internet connection to the box it asked whether to allow some MS update/s. I did not let it. Should I update first before patching the firmware?
3. I do not think I have the correct chipset required on my motherboard in order to connect the XBOX DVD drive successfully. However my mate has the original Xecuter connection gizmo. Will the latest patching software work with this?
4. Finally which firmware should I be installing?

Sorry for all the questions any help much appreciated

Thanks

BadKarma

just some quick answers for u

1. - do it now, if u`r very carefull - u can use a hairdrier to heat the sticker and a very fine blade to lift it.

2. u`ll have to do the updates at some time to play some of the games - up to u

3. if the drive is a sammy - u should consider buying a VIA6421L card.. they work great for ms25 and ms28

4. again - if the drive is a samsung, use xtreme5.2 read the docs on it from wherever u aquire it. make sure u use the correct 'core' firmware (ms28 or ms25)
(for hitachi, i`m just using 2.3 firmware)

do some googling on net to find out any further info

make sure u backup your orginal firmware or at least make a note of the drive key and keep safe

regards
jase

Last edited:
just some quick answers for u

1. - do it now, if u`r very carefull - u can use a hairdrier to heat the sticker and a very fine blade to lift it.

2. u`ll have to do the updates at some time to play some of the games - up to u

3. if the drive is a sammy - u should consider buying a VIA6421L card.. they work great for ms25 and ms28

4. again - if the drive is a samsung, use xtreme5.2 read the docs on it from wherever u aquire it. make sure u use the correct 'core' firmware (ms28 or ms25)
(for hitachi, i`m just using 2.3 firmware)

do some googling on net to find out any further info

make sure u backup your orginal firmware or at least make a note of the drive key and keep safe

regards
jase

Thanks Mate, luckly "Xtreme Boot Maker 0.5.1 (BETA)" was released yesterday and this will detect your sata card and hex edit MTKFlash for you.

Can not find VIA6421L on ebay but there are a few VIA6421A going.

Cheers

BK

Back