flashing using wireless

M

mufc

Can you flash your dreambox using wireless instead of cable /ie/ crossover as it all seem to be related to crossover.

Yes you can m8, do mine this way all the time, you'll need to connect your DM to your wireless router first :)

Frenchman

Cheers for reply m8 ,so basically its if i was using apintofmilks tut just connect thru wireless router as per norm and carry on with tut as long as my connection to the dreambox is possible .

Thats right saves getting the cables out each time.

Frenchman

Yes that part has to be cabled out first.

Frenchman

Last edited:
By setting up a network to speak to each other , network connections in your pc and your network settings in your dreambox .
Right my apoligizes thought you could start just like this .
Frenchmen ,cant i just get my dreambox and put it on and then set up a network between my pc and dreambox and then flash it .

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you flash your dreambox using wireless instead of cable /ie/ crossover as it all seem to be related to crossover.

do it all the time and pretty easy and does it quick. you will need ethernetcable and then connect it to your router and then set the ip configuration then use flashwizard pro 6.3.

No disrespect but thats using a ethernet cable .
What i ,m trying to establish is if i had just bought a dreambox and plugged it in could i not set up the dreambox to accept my wireless connection .
netwrk conections in my pc and cofigure netwrk conections in dreambox to speak and then flash it or can i not do it like this .

No you cant do that m8, first you need to connect it to either the router or PC with an ethernet cable. If you have a null modem cable you could use that for the time being. (to flash it I mean)

Frenchman

Right thats it got abit confusing there ,so i can use ethernet cable or null modem cable and use the tutorial and off we go .
With the right programs of course i thank you sir for your help .

Right thats it got abit confusing there ,so i can use ethernet cable or null modem cable and use the tutorial and off we go .
With the right programs of course i thank you sir for your help .

lol no probs m8.

Frenchman

Back