flashing help

jjlee

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have tried flashing a new image to my box with command centre and everything went fine when i went downstairs to plug the box in and flash the image i cant find it i have read the guides and im a little stuck so i thought i would try flashing assistant but thats no help either i have a null modem cable and a crossover cable and everything goes well up until it says uncompressing kernael image.....ok
and then nothing the dbox display just displays classic fm doesnt say flashing or anything how long should it take before it says flashing

meant to add that when i go in the software update menu there is no expert functions option

Make sure you dont plug the power into the dbox until you have started IFA. Flashing should appear on the LCD screen of the box after a couple of seconds.

yeah i click ok on the box that says switch power on the i plug it in it seems to load the image file but doesnt flash it

i have 2 ethernet ports on the comp so i dont have to keep unplugging the modem shouldnt affect it though would it

You'll still need to disable the modem connection instead of unplugging it, but other than that it will be fine

-debug: DDF: Calibrating delay loop... debug: DDF: 66.76 BogoMIPS
debug: BMon V1.2 mID 03
debug: feID 00 enxID 03
debug: fpID 52 dsID http://Hallenberg.com
debug: HWrev 61 FPrev 0.23
debug: B/Ex/Fl(MB) 32/00/08
WATCHDOG reset enabled
dbox2:root> debug:
BOOTP/TFTP bootstrap loader (v0.3)
debug:
debug: Transmitting BOOTP request via broadcast
debug: Given up BOOTP/TFTP boot
boot net failed

Flash-FS bootstrap loader (v1.5)

Found Flash-FS superblock version 3.1
Found file /root/platform/sagem-dbox2/kernel/os in Flash-FS
debug: Got Block #0008
debug: Got Block #0012
debug: Got Block #0016
debug: Got Block #0020
debug: Got Block #0024
debug: Got Block #0028
debug: Got Block #0032
debug: Got Block #0036
debug: Got Block #0040

will verify ELF image, start= 0x800000, size= 152952
verify sig: 263
Branching to 0x40000

U-Boot 1.1.2 (TuxBox) (May 23 2004 - 21:44:01)

CPU: PPC823ZTnnB2 at 66 MHz: 2 kB I-Cache 1 kB D-Cache
Board: DBOX2, Sagem, BMon V1.2
Watchdog enabled
I2C: ready
DRAM: 32 MB
FLASH: 8 MB
Scanning JFFS2 FS: . | / - \ | / - . \ | / - \ | / - . \ | . . / . - \ . | / - \ | / . - \ | /  done.

FB: ready
LCD: ready
In: serial
Out: serial
Err: serial
Net: SCC ETHERNET

Options:
1: Console on null
2: Console on ttyS0
3: Console on framebuffer
Select option (1-3), other keys to stop autoboot: 1  0
Un-Protected 63 sectors
### FS (jffs2) loading 'vmlinuz' to 0x100000
### FS load complete: 631072 bytes loaded to 0x100000
## Booting image at 00100000 ...
Image Name: dbox2
Image Type: PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
Data Size: 631008 Bytes = 616.2 kB
Load Address: 00000000
Entry Point: 00000000
Verifying Checksum ... OK
Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

this is the boot log if it helps

the flash log shows that the connection to the box is not getting through.
"DEBUG: Given up BOOTP/TFTP boot..."

Make sure you are using a fixed IP address, and that you have disabled every other network connection apart from the one you are using. Antivirus and Firewalls should be off - including the built-in windows xp firewall if you use it.

fixed ip address???
ok will try that why dont i have the expert function on my dbox i still have flash 1 part only but when i click on that there is nothing there for me to select

you say in your first post the image transfered over ok when using liams dbox command center...do u mean it transfered it into the tmp folder if that is the case you dont uplug the power as doing this will delete the image from the tmp folder when you plug it back in.
you need a tv by your pc.
@liam sorry i dont know if your proggy has this function as i have never used dbox command center yet.

or as liam says if your using ifa give your nic card a static ip 192.168.1.***
10base half duplex

right not sure how but managed to flash it it rebooted came up with no channels do a scan took the box upstairs to put on service xmls and its come up with kein system wtf what should i try now

just reflash it with ifa
did you let the scan finish about 15 to 20 mins

i ended up ftping the file across the only problem with ifa is i cant get it to connect im sure i switched off firewalls and virus but it still wont connect

Give you nic a statip ip address
in windows firewall click exceptions and add ifa to it then disable windows firewall...disable antivirus if you have norton disable worm blocking aswell
also if you have xp....install the mediasensing patch into your registry
boot your box up after you have clicked ok in ifa to flash the image
and wait till it finishes.

sorted but now it comes up with error channel not available

what image did you flash on to it
if sposrter do a scan and see how many transponders and channels it finds
it will find the transponder first then channels

dbox flashing

on flashing image useing a crossover cable, i thought you still had to be connected to the internet, am i right or wrong

Back