flashing commando onto dm500s

ntommo

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys havent been on for a while as my box has been working fine but looks like i need to reflash commando. do i have to use a cable or can i do it wirelessly. which is the best program to use. last time i done it i used dcc or filezilla i think

hi guys havent been on for a while as my box has been working fine but looks like i need to reflash commando. do i have to use a cable or can i do it wirelessly. which is the best program to use. last time i done it i used dcc or filezilla i think

Flashing via null modem cable is the safest option but over network with Flashwizard Pro might work with network cable.

Can not be flashed over wifi

maybe these help

Attachments

• Flashing an image using Commando on a DM500.pdf
    215 KB · Views: 23
  • Flashing an image using root.cramfs method.pdf
    268.2 KB · Views: 3
thanks for the replies. do i use dcc then or are there better ones now

Flashing via null modem cable is the safest option but over network with Flashwizard Pro might work with network cable.

Can not be flashed over wifi
Have to correct you there me old mate,
it can be done over wifi via a pc/laptop as long as the box is connected to the router

To flash an image using Telnet
This method will only work with a .img image file.
* Rename the image file to backup.img
* FTP the image file to the /tmp folder on the dreambox
* Telnet to your box
To telnet, click START > RUN and type Telnet ip address of the dreambox, a command window will appear,
enter username root and password dreambox (or commando if you have a commando image already installed) and then press enter
*Then paste the following command:
cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot
then wait until it flashes then reboots.

You can also backup your image by doing the following
To backup an image using Telnet
* Telnet to the box and paste the following command:
cat /dev/mtd/3 > /tmp/backup.img
* FTP to the box and navigate to the /tmp
* Here you will find the backup.img file.

Have to correct you there me old mate,
it can be done over wifi via a pc/laptop as long as the box is connected to the router

So the box is connected to the router by ? Ethernet cable ? So not wifi is it ? That is the point im making. I guess with the old wifi adapters it could also be done via wifi but not in standard form.

Obviously if the box is hardwired to the router a laptop connected to the router via wifi will connect to anything on the network.

I think we have just interpreted the wifi question in 2 different ways.

I think we have just interpreted the wifi question in 2 different ways.
Yes we did ;)
I was just assuming the op was asking could it be done like I described seeing as the box would be hard wired to there router any ways and there pc or laptop would be connected wireless to there network,
that's what I meant as wireless when talking about flashing a dm500 over the network
as you say just different interpretation :)

Back