Flashing a DB500

Terrry

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm having a lot of trouble doing this properly.

The manual I got with the box suggests using software named dvbup2.14b, but I cannot find that anywhere and the supplier suggested using dreamup software.

This worked to a certain extent, insofar as the channels appear on the EPG, but there is no picture or sound.

Do I need to upgrade the firmware on the box itself?
Do I need to use FTP to do this, and if so, does anyone have a link to the manufacturers site?

Do I need to have the box connected to the internet and the tv at the same time to do this? (they are on opposite sides of the room and I'm too lazy to move them unless I really have to.

Does anyone know which IP address etc I need to put in?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

wrong forum

you really want to on satellite section m8 under linux recievers all info will be on thier

The sat section may help with learning, as suggested, because the sat version works similar to the terrestrial version. Dreamup and a null-serial cable will allow new images to be loaded.
However-
......the channels appear on the EPG, but there is no picture or sound.....
The Top-up Tv channels are scrambled and arent available by emulation, so you need to have a valid subscription card. If you have a card and they arent clearing then it is likely you do not have a software cam installed.
....Do I need to have the box connected to the internet and the tv at the same time to do this?
If you need to install a software cam then yes it is best to be connected to the net and tv. You can then press the blue button on your remote and follow onscreen to download cams or plugins from the provided server that is included with your image.

Back