Flashed Nokia, not working. Blank on-board screen...not getting 'Kein System Error'

RedEyeSniper

Inactive User
Reaction score
I suspect i didn't select the correct option and didn't flash to one partion. Can't remember exactly what option i used.

During boot box displays the usual characters on the on-board screen, then displays, 'Lade ...' for a short time, the screen then goes blank.

The image i used has been verified by another dbox2 user and I suspect that i've overwritten the Kernal.

Flash via Image Flash Assistent fails, 'Pinging DBoxII...failed!'. Noticed that the Image Flash Assistant gets the correct IP for the box. Not sure how it gets the IP from the box. I would have thought the IP's been erased if i've overwritten the base Kernal?

Have i overwritten the Kernal, if so guess i need to get it installed? How? Thoughts please.

Please advise guys, I'm new to the scene. Thanks

the way out of this is to get ifa to work. turn all your firewalls,antivirus,spywear,pop uop stoppers everything like that all off. find the apporopriate image eg. 1x or 2x. unplug the box load ifa. click on the image you want to load, if you use a null modem cable aswell select yes in that option and leave it in com 1. then select your network card. then press start after you get a message pop up blah,blah with 2min at the end of it press ok in the pop up then plug in your box

Thanks for the suggestions, will retry ifa. Quick question though..Surely ifa should be able to ping the box? Without comms ifa's not gonna work, only thing is that i can't even ping the box from a command prompt? Firewall, Norton etc all off....

The ping box always fails its a known error...but check that the LCD screen states "flashing" and on your PC you see at the top of the window it will give you some txt about sending mesg...transferred 16542 bytes etc...if you see this its working...ignore the ping fail mesg.

Back