Flash fxp and instructions??

VTEC_ECK

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Sorry for jackin that other thread liam... Here's my own. Can you post a link to flash fxp and explain how to use it? Thanks for your time.:)

Andrew

First one in here
http://world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37858&highlight=flash

start it up then press F4
click new site
name of site "dbox"
IP: of the dbox
Username: “root”
Password: “dbox2”
click apply then connect.
Once connected, copy your Bouquet and service files to this folder on the dbox, overwrite any in there
reboot the box.

/var/tuxbox/config/
Hope this helps.

I've tried this over the last couple of days with no luck. It says it's trying to connect but just keep failing. I dont know the first thing about ftp so ideally i'd like to get d box command working as it seems it would be much easier to use but again wont work. It says the files are being sent and are then recieved by the box but they're not. Because of this i've resorted to flashing boxes with IFA but hence cant install service or bouquet files and have to scan every box and create bouquets manually which is very frustrating. Someone help me please. why wont anything work for me?

Make sure any firewall you have is switched off, that might be the reason the ftp client isn't talking to the box.

Firewall disabled and norton swithced off but to be honest i really dont understand what i'm meant to be doing with fxp anyway, i'm really a novice when it comes to computers, never mind networking and file transfers.

u sure the network is working .. ping the dbox from your pc and also do the network test from the dbox .. btw there are loads of ftp clients out there which are free to use, flash is not the only one ;)

i had norton on mine and no matter how much i tried i couldn't get it to flash. even after i unistalled it. apparntley it still leaves some files on the pc so i had to reformat my hard drive. then once i did that it worked first time. have you set up ip on the computer to one out from the dbox?

Tutorial on what? D box command or fxp. Read the command one and followed every last word but didn't work. With fxp it said pinging but then just kept failing then re-trying. To let you know why i'm struggling i'd never even heard of ftp untill somone mentioned it to me on here.. i think it's over my head, am i getting it wrong, is it less complicated than i think?

flashing is not problem. got that sussed with IFA, i just need to transfer the service files nd dont want to have to start re formatting hard drives and the like.

to use flash fxp get your box's ip addresse. say it's for eg. 298.268.1.100 set your pc adresse to 298.268.1.100 and the the mode to 10halfduplex mode. then load flash fxp and click on the lightening bolt and select "quick connect". enter in server or url your dbox ip addresse. user name is "root" and password is "dbox2" then press connect. now the right hand side of the screen should have all the files thats on your dbox and the left should have the files thats on your pc. then you can change the files as you wish.

hope this helps:BLOBBY:

Cheers. Ok i'll give that a bash when i get round to it and let you know.

Back