flash expander

Why do people insist on installing TS Panel on a Pli image :(

Cheers for the upload anyway :)

already doing it lol

beats me why Ts panel is so popular

It does me lot of hassle and some dodgy plugins and emus that just don't work. I guess it makes life easy for some.

Never understood the TSpanel on OpenPLI though as there are enough plugins emus etc on the plugin menu green button.

Can you pls share this eParted plugin?

Thanks.

There is a plugin called eParted which will allow you to create a second partition on your USB stick without removing it from the box,have installed it but no time left to test it tonight :)

Thanks mate.

I ended up having to use partition manager on pc to create another partition,then used eParted to format it to ext3,then Flash expander,ended up having to format the whole usb stick in the end but its up and running now with 2GB of /usr space

Just for info when I need to partition usb drives i use the Linux Live CD Gparted.

Works for me.

Paragon Partition manager free works as well m8 and doesnt need burning to a CD,and then booting into :)

Hello,

May i ask something cause i am kind of newbie.
can you do the same with all /usr directory to freeup more space following the same steps?
I think that flash expander do exactly that, right?
The bad with it is that it mounts all of usb space and alla the rest GB it becomes unsuable. You cant for examples record there, the system doesnt reckonise it anymore.
Maybe i could use eparted toto create 2 partitions on Then USB stick so i can mount the one to /usr with flash expander and the rest to /media/hdd so i can also record or create full backups there?
Is it possible or am i getting it all wrong?

Thank you.

if you mean addons as in plugins
you can free up your flash by putting the Extensions folder on hdd or usb like this

Copy the folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions to /media/usb or /media/hdd (whatever is mounted)
Delete the folder Extensions from its original place (folder /Plugins).

using DCC - make new symlink in folder /Plugins -
right click then click new symlink

for hdd put this

target : /media/hdd/Extensions
name : Extensions

for usb put this

target : /media/usb/Extensions
name : Extensions

Back