flash expander

bearbear

Reaction score
Is there other programmes to use as there are some horror stories about using this one , I would like to be able to use my addons from my hdd or from my 32 gig memory stick its a dm800hd se with estar 3 sim and running open pli 3 with ts panel and ts media

cheers
bear

You could run say Oozoon in the flash with barry allen then install your preferred image to USB with Barry allen, this way your only restricted by the size of you usb.

Sadly barry allen will not work with openpli in your flash but you can run it from usb with a sutible image such as Oozoon in the flash.

is there a estar down load for oozoon as i have not seen one and is it as easy to use as open pli

sorry didnt see use your preferred image part lol what is the best image to work with barry allen

You can use the estar version 4.2 to convert oe2.0 image up to around a month to 6 weeks back. As for image to use in multiboot stick with what you know openpli on usb.

Saying this I had no issues using flash expander on the DE4.0 image worked well.

I would like to be able to use my addons from my hdd or from my 32 gig memory stick
bear

if you mean addons as in plugins
you can free up your flash by putting the Extensions folder on hdd or usb like this

Copy the folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions to /media/usb or /media/hdd (whatever is mounted)
Delete the folder Extensions from its original place (folder /Plugins).

using DCC - make new symlink in folder /Plugins -
right click then click new symlink

for hdd put this

target : /media/hdd/Extensions
name : Extensions

for usb put this

target : /media/usb/Extensions

if you mean addons as in plugins
you can free up your flash by putting the Extensions folder on hdd or usb like this

Copy the folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions to /media/usb or /media/hdd (whatever is mounted)
Delete the folder Extensions from its original place (folder /Plugins).

using DCC - make new symlink in folder /Plugins -
right click then click new symlink

for hdd put this

target : /media/hdd/Extensions

for usb put this

target : /media/usb/Extensions

I thought that should work but knowing jack about Dreambox thought I'd better button it - good post :)

I thought that should work but knowing jack about Dreambox thought I'd better button it - good post :)

Providing your usb or hdd doesnt become unmounted when booting up your box ;)

Is flash expander PLi 4.0 compatible ?

Is flash expander PLi 4.0 compatible ?

Should be but you will need an empty usb stick for it,although you might get it to recognise an ext4 partition on an existing one :)

Does it install things onto the usb then instead of flash ?

Does it install things onto the usb then instead of flash ?

It moves the /usr folder on to the usb stick,there by giving you lots of room to install plugins and skins etc

Why don't you grep the mount point at the appropriate rc level? Or is that a stupid question?

English please.

I suppose it involves doing something to the init.d file

Purists look away (and bearing in mind I know fook all about sat boxes) lol

All Linux boot in essentially the same way i.e. build a mini file system in RAM then drag all the rest into the hole. At some point the kernel is loaded and the application follows (your sat program). The loading is spread into run-levels (accessed at rc file level if you want to change stuff) i.e. rc.local (edit this file to make stuff happen before the interface appears).

If you want to know if something is mounted then do a 'mount' command at the command line to find out what and where then to check at any time you can do:

grep /media/Pictures /etc/mtab

Where /media/Pictures is where I expect to find my mounted SD card (in this case, change to suit your system). So, in a shell script I could do:

if grep /media/Pictures /etc/mtab != /dev/null; then

Bit crude but could easily be refined to check whether the USB stick was mounted correctly. Put this in a script at, say, rc2 and you could mount it if it wasn't already?

Purists look away (and bearing in mind I know fook all about sat boxes) lol

All Linux boot in essentially the same way i.e. build a mini file system in RAM then drag all the rest into the hole. At some point the kernel is loaded and the application follows (your sat program). The loading is spread into run-levels (accessed at rc file level if you want to change stuff) i.e. rc.local (edit this file to make stuff happen before the interface appears).

If you want to know if something is mounted then do a 'mount' command at the command line to find out what and where then to check at any time you can do:

grep /media/Pictures /etc/mtab

Where /media/Pictures is where I expect to find my mounted SD card (in this case, change to suit your system). So, in a shell script I could do:

if grep /media/Pictures /etc/mtab != /dev/null; then

Bit crude but could easily be refined to check whether the USB stick was mounted correctly. Put this in a script at, say, rc2 and you could mount it if it wasn't already?

But we are not trying to mount the USB as it does that anyway,

although I presume you are eluding to my concern over whether,if you have any boot critical stuff on the USB ,and it doesn't mount properly?

There is a plugin called eParted which will allow you to create a second partition on your USB stick without removing it from the box,have installed it but no time left to test it tonight :)

But we are not trying to mount the USB as it does that anyway,

although I presume you are eluding to my concern over whether,if you have any boot critical stuff on the USB ,and it doesn't mount properly?

Correct! You can check it mounted before the app loads (the sat part) as I assume the concern is that the sat app goes belly-up if it can't find it's add-ons?

Correct! You can check it mounted before the app loads (the sat part) as I assume the concern is that the sat app goes belly-up if it can't find it's add-ons?

Well that's my theory m8,I used to have a network mount from my old E1 sat box to my PC and if the PC was not on when booting the box it would get stuck in a boot loop :)

Probably entirely the wrong place but maybe a new thread?

Runlevels in Linux.

Most distributions (booting from flash, CD, USB or HD) forego the rules of the /etc/runlevel and /etc/rcx directories (check) but you'll most likely have /etc/init.d as the main area. Executables here usually load in alphabetical order so if you want summat to load earlier give it a suitable name i.e. 'alan' loads before 'fred' etc.

If you want summat to load at runlevel 2 (normal run level for Linux) you can create an /etc/rc2.d directory and put a symlink to /etc/init.d but pound to a pinch of sh!t the sat app loads from init.d so best identify the app and give yours a name that places it earlier (alphabetically).

If you DO use rc2.d and have multiple applications to load then precede the link name with the priority i.e. S10slysat runs before S11freesat etc.

Have fun :)

Back