Flamini signs for Milan ???

jaffa

Inactive User
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]According to reports in Italy this evening, Mathieu Flamini has put pen to paper on a Milan contract after rejecting Arsenal’s terms.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The midfielder’s future has been up in the air for some time, as his contract with the Gunners expires at the end of the season.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Arsene Wenger extended the deadline for Flamini to give an answer to Monday, but that probably won’t be necessary.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]According to Sky Italia, the French star has already signed a four-year contract worth £4.3m per season.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]It is a slight change from the expected five-year deal worth £3.1m per term that had been mentioned in the Press.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Juventus had also been in the race to snatch up Flamini, but Milan appear to have secured his signature or at the very least a promise.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]There is no official word as yet from either Arsenal or the Rossoneri.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“It will be sorted out over the weekend, and will he stay or not is down to him,” said Wenger earlier today.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“But we cannot afford not to keep our wage structure. We have a £360m debt and we have to respect the structure or we will go bust.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Flamini had been offered a contract worth in the region of £55,000 per week.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Alexander Hleb is in a similar situation and has repeatedly been linked with Inter – something the Nerazzurri have firmly denied.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Sources[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may3q.html[/FONT]

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...E=soccer/08/05/04/SOCCER_Arsenal_Flamini.html
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][/FONT]​

Have rad the same ting on sky sports. is a v.good player, they may struggle wid out him.
but on plus have some gud young players cumin through ...

he has been a sly little c*nt and this is a blow for Arsenal but knowing Wenger he will bring in someone better but i always had my doubts about Flamini staying considering the amount of time he has taken!

I totally agree - he has used Arsenal as a shop window!! I hope he suffers at Milan (if the speculation is true)!!

He would do well to remember that the Italian game is different and may not suit his style of play!!

This is the first season when he has made an impact anyway - last season when it was thought he was being sold I dont think anyones really cared!!!

He will be replaced - its not the end of the world!!

Hi

If thats true I`m a bit surprised I thought he would stay knowing wengers building a side capable of winning the prem. Italian football is going to be different for him. I still hope its not true and he is still with arsenal next season.

I love how footballers go to a club and they may crappy but the club still keep faith in them, and then as soon as the player gets a good season under his belt he wants to leave.

I thought he had a smashing season for gooners but if its all about money then fek him, hope he has a stinker next year. I understand he is trying to make as much as he can and a footballers carreer is short but where the fek is the loyalty to the club who made him, its not as if its a small club ffs, they will be there in all comps next year.

i think hes had a very good season this year prob is Arsenal need to sort out the wage isue there. they have moved to a biger ground now so at some piont they will need to be a bit better with wages to keep up with the top 2

Dont blame him and anyway we all know the saying about glass houses

Arsenal signed him exactly the same way on a free so what goes around comes around lol

He has had a fantastic arsenal season but lets face it where was he all the other years ?

I honestly believe he is one of the more easier players to replace... I hope we dont lose hleb.

And fabregas is still a gooner and while he is on the pay roll there is always hope.

6 points was what seperated us and man u.. i am sure wenger will look at that and know that with some better players we can make up 6 points on a fantastic man u side.

and all the younger players will all have one more years experience.

Futures bright

Regards
Mickie D

First thing Arsenal should do is drop Eboue how the hell can Wenger play him in right mid he offers nothing to the team goin forward, You's have Theo who has lots of pace and could cause alot of defences problems.

First thing Arsenal should do is drop Eboue how the hell can Wenger play him in right mid he offers nothing to the team goin forward, You's have Theo who has lots of pace and could cause alot of defences problems.

I've seen quite a bit of Arsenal this season, and the only thing that let them down was a lack of squad and one or two players being carried by the team. In my opinion Gallas and Eboue have done nothing for Arsenal this season especially Gallas.

Flamini has definitely been one of the better players, but not irreplaceable. As Mickie said Hleb and Fabregas should be their priority and then the addition of two or three more class players.

I was sceptical of Walcott at first but can honestly say he deserves a run in the team and offers so much when he comes on.

This season title race has been amazing, but if Arsenal and Liverpool rectify their squad issues then it could be a great title race next season.

Don't blame him.

He's not gonna win anything with Arsenal is he!!?:proud:

And he is with milan is he?? A team that has recently been struggling to get into the top 4 of the italian league and prob won't even get into the champs league next season - well i hope they don't.

hmm good riddance. He had a great partnership going with fabregas but if he is after the money then he can leave, id rather not have him. It is a blow as this team looked like the foundations of winning things in the future but wenger is good enough to replace him, althou wenger doesnt usually go out and buy ready made replacements and arsenal cant really wait any more seasons waiting on another player to blossom.

come on lads, i think you lot are jumping the gun a littl. last season he wasnt getting any games and wanted a transfer. it was thought he would leave last summer.

hes stayed and had a decent season but as said he will be easier to replace then hleb. arsenal also have other decent midfielders coming through.

The guy has had one good season i will give him that,
but if you remember there was talk in the summer of a move to Birmingham for £2million.

I have to disagree about keeping Hleb, the guy has no end product, he is always looking to pass the ball through a brick wall. his assists and goal record is not that great for an attacking midfielder/second striker.

We need someone like Pires or Ljungberg in their prime.
who could get 10-15 goals a season.

I always thought Flamini was a quality player and he showed it this season..

i dont blame him for leaving.. after 4 years this is the 1st time he started and he deserved 1st team football earlier in his career..

i hope AC dont **** up his career..

I always thought Flamini was a quality player and he showed it this season..

i dont blame him for leaving.. after 4 years this is the 1st time he started and he deserved 1st team football earlier in his career..

i hope AC dont f*** up his career..

The only part I can agree with is that he has had a good season??

Quality or not he didnt show enough before this year and thats why he didnt get to start in central midfield.

And it wont be Ac Milan's fault if his career nosedives - it will be all down to his money grabbing attitude!!

If he was so unhappy at not starting he could have gone last summer with everyones best wishes - in much the same way as others have. The trouble is he pushed for assurances of a first term central midfield birth, got his wish and to his credit played well, but then walked away from the club? Where was his loyalty, which im sure was discussed last summer. You can be certain that Wenger said - I will give you the opportunity to prove yourself and earn a new contract.

to some players especially foreigners like flamini, its just a job. He has got no real ties to arsenal and although i am sure he would have liked to have stayed with the friends he has made at arsenal the new pay deal just wasnt good enough.
Put it this way, would you stay in your current job if the company down the road was offering you a 20 or 30% payrise to do exactly the same job ?

This is what comes from signing these type of players, they come for the money and then if they do well are in a position to hold a club to ransom if the club wants to keep hold of them !

Arsenal will need to re-evaluate their pay structure or risk losing players every time they need a new contract, otherwise the rich clubs will continue to steal their top talent after they have made a name for themselves at arsenal.

Back