Flamini signs for Milan ???

People forget that maybe wenger never wanted him... we used to pay thiery henry 120 grand a week and vieira the same lol.. gallas is on 100 a week.

Well we never won anything with him or did we lol ;)

@theseeker i cannot agree pal because i do not know many that wenger has let go that he never really wanted to stay....

vieira was almost 30, henry the same, pires the same, loungberg.

I cannot think of anyone that has left arsenal and made a huge impact?

But for the arsenal fans thinking there will be some big replacement for flaminni then think again the only person's that i think will replace flammini will be either song or diaby.

Regards
Mickie D

really mickie i was referring to this one player and future transactions rather than past players.
it looks to me that with the debt the club have from the new stadium that it now has a new pay structure that must be adhered too.

I am referring to the interview wenger gave about the flamini situation , and although i agree that maybe he didnt want him to stay that badly he must have wanted him a bit because he offered him a new contract.
this is from the independant today and echoes my worries about arsenal -
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-that-wengers-sums-may-not-add-up-822699.html

The guy has had one good season i will give him that,
but if you remember there was talk in the summer of a move to Birmingham for £2million.

I have to disagree about keeping Hleb, the guy has no end product, he is always looking to pass the ball through a brick wall. his assists and goal record is not that great for an attacking midfielder/second striker.

We need someone like Pires or Ljungberg in their prime.
who could get 10-15 goals a season.

I disagree about Hleb I think he's a brilliant player good at unlocking defences and his playmaking qualties are exceptional. He offers so much to the team and I think it would be a big blow to Arsenal if he went. Also his assists and goal record are not brill because he is usually playing as right sided midfielder and not as an attacking midfielder. If you remember right at the start of the season he was playing as an attacking midfielder and looked more comfortable and got a few goals but Wenger changed this as soon as Adebayor was fit again and went 4 4 2.

I think if Rosicky had stayed fit this season he would have scored more goals, he'd already scored 7 or 8 and we've been without him for 4 months.

really mickie i was referring to this one player and future transactions rather than past players.
it looks to me that with the debt the club have from the new stadium that it now has a new pay structure that must be adhered too.

I am referring to the interview wenger gave about the flamini situation , and although i agree that maybe he didnt want him to stay that badly he must have wanted him a bit because he offered him a new contract.
this is from the independant today and echoes my worries about arsenal -
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-that-wengers-sums-may-not-add-up-822699.html

Well me made record turn overs in each year at the emmerates so i would not worry about the gooners to much, one thing is they are the most secretive club in the premiership which is very annoying for the fans because no one knows what is going on or who they will buy.

I am also sure that dean said in an interview not so long ago that the club payback 15 million a year.

Considering the amount of fans world wide and revenue from our new ground its not really that much to payback they arejust tight the same with the stupid one year contracts for over 30's i cannot agree with that sorry some players thrive at 30 and loyalty to the club should work both ways meaning they must geta decent contract!

I was not having a go i just was saying that i do not think there is such finacial problems as people think and wenger just never buys big.

But we need a big player for moral of the younger players allone!

Regards
Mickie D

I disagree about Hleb I think he's a brilliant player good at unlocking defences and his playmaking qualties are exceptional. He offers so much to the team and I think it would be a big blow to Arsenal if he went. Also his assists and goal record are not brill because he is usually playing as right sided midfielder and not as an attacking midfielder. If you remember right at the start of the season he was playing as an attacking midfielder and looked more comfortable and got a few goals but Wenger changed this as soon as Adebayor was fit again and went 4 4 2.

I think if Rosicky had stayed fit this season he would have scored more goals, he'd already scored 7 or 8 and we've been without him for 4 months.

He has played for most of the season in his preferred position, had a few good games i grant you but his assist and goal record are not that good.
if we got a decent enough offer i would take it and try and sign someone with a proven track record of being able to pass and score.
thats the problem, we never replaced the 30 goals bobby and freddie got us.

Don't blame him.

He's not gonna win anything with Arsenal is he!!?:proud:

As a neutral I enjoyed the discussion between you gooners. Could have done without the comment by mas123.
Typical Manc arrogance.

Well me made record turn overs in each year at the emmerates so i would not worry about the gooners to much, one thing is they are the most secretive club in the premiership which is very annoying for the fans because no one knows what is going on or who they will buy.

I am also sure that dean said in an interview not so long ago that the club payback 15 million a year.

Considering the amount of fans world wide and revenue from our new ground its not really that much to payback they arejust tight the same with the stupid one year contracts for over 30's i cannot agree with that sorry some players thrive at 30 and loyalty to the club should work both ways meaning they must geta decent contract!

I was not having a go i just was saying that i do not think there is such finacial problems as people think and wenger just never buys big.

But we need a big player for moral of the younger players allone!

Regards
Mickie D

dont know about you but i like the fact we are not like every other club and air our dirty linen in public.
I like the genuine shock when we buy players that i wasnt expecting.
i see the yearly Real madrid try and poach our players has started again with Fabregas!!

Back