First try

OldeFellow

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi fellas,trying to load the Gemini Project 3.40 UK modified image in to the flash of dreambox.Says it's to big.I'm very new at this.Which .img file should I use please?

are you using flash wizard 6.3 or dreamup?

It's recommended that you use Dreamup to flash a Gemini image. But the image in the download section is a backup image so you should be able to use other methods. If FWP is saying it's too big, you will have to use Dreamup or an alternative method.

Have a look here at the alternative method section.

It's recommended that you use Dreamup to flash a Gemini image. But the image in the download section is a backup image so you should be able to use other methods. If FWP is saying it's too big, you will have to use Dreamup or an alternative method.

Have a look here at the alternative method section.
try to using dreamup. flash this image using dreamup.

Hi All,Iv'e managed to flash the 500c using dreamup and the gemini 3.40 image file.The trouble now is searching for a transponder.When I used the autoscan facility it gave me three choices - 1 Bruteforce 2 cable uk telepest and cable uk ntHell.Ive tried scanning using each one with the result. "All known transponders have been tried but no lock was possible.Verify antenna/cable set up or try another satellite/network."
I had no trouble wth a cable box getting the channels until the power supply packed in.I am xc&w by the way or,now virgin .

Did you get a F to coax adapter to allow the cable to connect to the back of the dreambox? (see pic)

Make sure all connections are tight and none are loose! Try each option again.

I haven't been able to get any of the gemini releases with the new tuner driver to work with my box, mine either finds no valid transponder or finds a transponder but finds no services, and if i restore my services from a image with the old tuner driver all i get is the service could not be found error message. I have just this second tried my luck with gemini 3.40 but its stil the same. So all i can advise you is try an image with the old tuner driver like wiggys diorj 0.6 with old tuner driver and see if that works!

Hi All, I've managed to get a little bit further.After checking and tightening connections I managed to get "A valid transponder has been fount.Verify that this is the right network. The "Lock" and "Sync" boxes were ticked and two choices of buttons the "Only free" button and the "Start Scan" button.On pressing the start scan button sod all happend in a good 15 minutes.Ill try another image.

Why oh Why can I not find an image that works for me.The nearest I have been is with Gemini 3.3 with which It found a hundred and odd transponders,but no services.I had loads of channel names (I've never heard of some of them) but no actual channels.I must be doing something wrong but I'm buggard if I know what.Also when i put the dreambox on standby I can't get one TV channel on.I can get teletext on for the particular channel I put on but not the actual picture.Any Ideas?Please.

Iv'e used the "Digital worldz Dream UK 1.06 Image" and it works a treat got loads of channels on.That's a relief as I was begining to wonder if it was my Dreambox that was faulty.Could someone point the way to loading a game please.I'll have plenty to get my head around in the near future.Thanks very much fellows.Your help is very much appreciated.

Back