First time MOSC problems

tkking

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am trying to do all this for the first time and have a couple of questions /problems.
The box (4001) and the card are from a known source and should be paired.
I have cut the talkback on the box and can read the card in Nagra edit. I have followed the various tuts on this forum and successfully written various images to the card. I had the usual couple of glitches with typos etc but am now certain I'm using all the correct info (no pairing errors). Once the card is inserted and booted I get all the usual free channels but nothing else just blank screens except for the guest channel which invites me to buy the family package. I have noticed that the card number and the label on the box do not match. Could this be the problem? I'm using a pure NTL image but it is possible that I could be in an old CW area. How can I check?

TIA

Tony

1) FTA channels and Blank screen means BK is wrong or wrong area

You can try this: hxxp://www.dslzoneuk.net/ntl_region.php

tkking said:
I am trying to do all this for the first time and have a couple of questions /problems.
The box (4001) and the card are from a known source and should be paired.
I have cut the talkback on the box and can read the card in Nagra edit. I have followed the various tuts on this forum and successfully written various images to the card. I had the usual couple of glitches with typos etc but am now certain I'm using all the correct info (no pairing errors). Once the card is inserted and booted I get all the usual free channels but nothing else just blank screens except for the guest channel which invites me to buy the family package. I have noticed that the card number and the label on the box do not match. Could this be the problem? I'm using a pure NTL image but it is possible that I could be in an old CW area. How can I check?

TIA

Tony

Sounds like the boxkey could be wrong m8 .....

The best way to obtain the correct boxkey would be to use the LEDsimms method (recommended) or Voltmeter method.

Thanks Carwash

I suspected that may be the case. The person from whom I acquired the box had two in the house. I think he may have mixed up the cards.

Time to go on a treasure hunt. I don't suppose there's an easier way to get the BK from a 4001?

Thanks guys.

Just ordered a p&p led simm.

Will let you know how it goes.

Great help!!!

Hi seeker.
I'm already using that image but thanks anyway.

Got the PnP Led Simm today. Very cool all sorted out now in less than 1/2 hr.
Highly reccommended (bought mine from tailormade)
http://www.tailor-madecircuits.com

Last edited:
Back