Firmware update 2.10 coming tomorrow Divx included

deedie

DW Regular
Reaction score
the latest firmware release arrives tomorrow

with Divx included:banana:

will also add profile 1.1 Blu-ray playback which supports new features in Blu-ray films such as picture in picture playback. Elsewhere, DivX support will be included as well as WMV video support. There will also be options to alter your voice online.

Last edited:
seems like the divx is limited to files of up to 2gb.

but i cant remember ever seeing a divx file that was 2gb or over. maybe im wrong. either way its no big deal. all my files are usually 750mb or 350mb.

as the ps3 is fully divx certified, we will be able to play and store files on the hard drive also.

2gb in size thats bad news is it not is a divx hd movie not about 5gb? also read no xvid support the now either

anybody found any problems yet.

only one i have found so far is that i get no sound when playing hd-wmv files.

ps. check out the new earth visualistion when playing music......... its cool

the latest firmware release arrives tomorrow

with Divx included:banana:

will also add profile 1.1 Blu-ray playback which supports new features in Blu-ray films such as picture in picture playback. Elsewhere, DivX support will be included as well as WMV video support. There will also be options to alter your voice online.

just seen this thanks for the update deedie

2gb limit on DivX, so it can't play HD Divx ?

2gb limit on DivX, so it can't play HD Divx ?
it could be an effort to stop people from pirating HD films straight to divx - also, Sony want to push the BlueRay format so may want only that HD tech on its boxes.

Either way,if you convert over to MP4, then the PS3 wont care

i'm also getting no sound when playing hd-wmv files,
got quite a lot of wmv HD DVDs too :(

the only problem ive had so far is that my ps3 has frozen up on me twice in the settings menu
damn updates

has anyone else actually had trouble switchng it off as well? The sensor doesnt seem to work for me at the moment, however the joypad does.

Naturally, the massive on/off switch on the back works fine...

yeps also have to use the PS button on controller to turn off :(

also got PS3 Bluetooth Device remote control and it wont let me register it to the PS3 :(

Working Great

I burnt of 5 Divx films to 1 DVD, play back is not as good as when converted to DVD5 but it saves hours as the Divx files do not have to be converted and can be burnt in minutes.

Overall I'm happy as I was gonna get a dvd player with a usb drive that played Divx but
now i've got one for free.

PS3 was the best investment I ever made and i definaltey would not switch back to my old Xbox360, the future for the PS3 looks good !!

BD remote working now...got one of my kids to install it ;)
no sound still on HDwmv's

Not triede any on mine yet mines all wrapped up damn thing she even wrapped it so good she would know if i had opened it. Just hope they get there finger out and sort sound on the wmvb hd and increase the 2gb limit size.

As Divx being out for years seemed the natural step to put it onto the ps3, as they has just launched their HD player. I think the HD option will come but not right alway. I think they might be worried about ppl downloading HD films from the net. Personally i can't see how they came up with a completely silly idea :Smokin:

Back