Firmware 2.5 Cracked ??

moosie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone else heard the rumour that Firmware 2.5 has an exploit that works? i read about it on hackmypsp.com but not seen anything else recently.

Thanks

moosie

I thought I read that someone had run some code on it that made the psp crash, which is at least a step in the right direction.

any news now? I want to get a white psp and i'm thinking it may be firmware 2.5

at the moment psp 1.5 is safe bet

2.0 still very buggy

2.5 now thats just starting to apper

and the more we find the quicker updates are flying out to stop it

bit of cat and mouse at mo

but as i say to run lots of apps/films/etc

1.5 is the most supported

as far as i am aware the white psp, (which i have) comes with either 1.5 or 2.0 only, mine came with 2.0.

and i downed mine to 1.5.

System software version 2.60

I am showing system software version 2,60 is any apps or mods available for this version.
Can I load games etc for memory card?

Thanx.........

Nothing available for anything over version 2. sorry.
Just sit tight and I am sure the big wigs are working out way for all of us.

there is some stuff in the works for 2.01 and 2.5 using a gta game save expliot,a bit ov home brew stuff has been run(2..01 i think),itll happen i know nothing of 2.6 tho

http://www.psp-hacks.com/

check here for the latest news

so if i was to get a white psp brand new. its definetly gonna be a 2.6? if thats the case, they havn't even got past hacking teh 2.01 firmware and its been about 2 months. I dno't think an exploit will be found for the 2.6. i know it sounds silly, but i just have a hunch. or maybe they wil l but there won't be as much features

if they released 2.6 there must be a flaw in the 2.5 because the need for an upgrade was minimum....

hakz said:
so if i was to get a white psp brand new. its definetly gonna be a 2.6?

i never said that, what i said was....i got my white psp xmas day, with version 2.0 installed, i downgraded to 1.5 myself and now testing my backups.

and when i said 2.6 is new to me, i meant i hadn't heard of 2.6, until you mentioned it, and then i read a couple more people had it.

Back