firmware 2.41

Firemouth

Inactive User
Reaction score
PS3 System Software Update (v2.41)
+ Posted by Eric Lempel // Director, PlayStation Network Operations

Hi, everyone. As many of you know, we released PS3 firmware update v2.40 last week, but had to take it offline temporarily because, for a limited number of users, the XMB wouldn’t display after the update was installed. We’ve been able to fix the problem, and I’m happy to report that firmware update v2.41 will be released shortly.

We want to extend our apologies to the PlayStation community for any inconvenience. Now we’ll be looking forward to seeing everyone online and racking up those trophies!

lets see if they've got it right this time lol
bobo:BLOBBY:

its out now!!!!!
just downloading mine now
come on guys get it
xmb
yipppeee
lol

"QUOTE"I assume I'll be informed of the 2.41 update via PS3 network although I have had no issues with 2.40."

it is to replace 2.40

bobo:BLOBBY:

sorry, i should have said. i thought that was why u were posting this thread. it was out earlier this morning

id only just seen it on the ps site m8
then swithced the ps3 on and found it
lol
thanks
bobo

Damn stupid updates i didnt have a problem with 2.40 now i got to upgrade AGAIN lol :banana:

another update FFS, 2.40 worked fine on my system not one issue.
They can fix this firmware in a few days but can't update Gran Turismo 5 prologue so i can play my mates, the game is just gathering dust.

I've just downloaded the update from the website and put it on my memory stick.
(its a lot quicker downloading it from work lol :) takes a few seconds)

So going to go home and install it.

FFS my PS3 has now locked up on me twice since the 'fix' and ive had to turn it off by the switch :Chainsaw: Fooking damn Sony my PS3 was fine until they released the 'fix', why play with something that wasn't broken lol

Anyone else having problems when playing online since installing the update?? Some games keep locking up on me and i try to quit the game and i have to physically turn the ps3 off.

Well to be honest its only COD4 its happening a lot on. When a game finishes it just freezes when going back to the lobby. Turning off the system or quitting the game doesnt work, so i have to use the switch on the back.

Back