Firestick query

I'm confused with all this 4k 2nd gen, 3rd gen 2nd gen remote, ultra 4k. You can pick 4k 2nd gen remotes on eBay now new boxed. Are the Amazon a newer version ?

Firesticks are made by Amazon, the earlier models 1,2,3 wouldn't play 4k content that you get on Netflix for example, the newer 4K model will. It also has a bit more memory and a faster cpu.

You get what you pay for i think in this sort of thing but the use is what you have to also consider. Early firesticks as already pointed out won't do 4k. There again if you are streaming 4k the file sizes can be enormous so three considerations. Firstly can your internet handle the speed needed. dont forget a 10mbps is only around 1meg a second or sixty megs a minute. Now if you are watching a film of say 20 gig it needs a fairly fast internet to steam Second and more inportant is are you wanting to watch netflix, Only a couple of boxes plus the firestick are supported and trying to watch nexflix in full HD is hard enough let alone in 4k. But on most boxes it is almost impossible to watch in 4k. Do we only want to use it for other services and not interested in netflix. Then you options are much wider but still the quality is dependent on what you pay. minix, and the shield, Are most likely the top boxes and you wont get any lag from these. But only the shield is supported by netflix. I realise that you can work around the apk for netflix but i dont think you can get it to play in full 4k on unsupported boxes. Other considerations might also be VPN. This can effect things in a very cheap box and will definitly effect things if it is installed on the router. I might be completely wrong on this but its just my thoughts

4K is crap on netflix.
(simple as)

You watch something like this on you-tube:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Then watch apparent 4K on netflix.... you will now what i mean.

Of course your TV means a lot also, i watch both i mentioned on same TV.
72” sony bravia KD-65ZD9 (android)
Comparing true 4K to netflix is like comparing pears to apples.... dont be fooled by it!!

I think the box has to have android tv os and have the correct license to be able to run the Netflix official 4K app. There are not many devices about with the correct criteria. But most modern smart 4K TVs have the Netflix app installed anyway. For me it’s something I definitely don’t consider when buying an android device.

Netflix are legends in their own minds. For example Minix contacted them to try and incorporate their app on their boxes. Nexflix just told then they did not with to deal with them. A bit rich dont you think.
It reminds me in a way of the Commodore story. (I was a great fan of all their computers) But they got to big and to arrogant for their own good and the rest as they say, is history.
I am not sure about this other point but unless i am mistaken (which i most likely am) But i think that the 4k Netflix put out is not true 4k. I seem to recall somewhere in my mind that If you look up the stream it isnt 4k. I am being vague because i am not sure but i am sure someone knows better than me and can dismiss or clarify what i am talking about. (Smiles)
Just my thoughts nothing else

Back