Firestick ethernet

StuDaBear

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys my relation gets the odd bit of buffering on his Firestick, a Ethernet adapter looks like it could be a possible solution.

Looking on ebay there are loads for sale, I see several that say they don't support VPN use, I can't understand why.

Are any of you guys using a Ethernet adapter and also a VPN connection.

VPN is required for obvious reasons.

Cheers.

4k firestick hard wired & vpn use here
not gen1 firesticks though

I've ordered a Ugreen adapter, so shall report back once I've set it up!

I bought the Ethernet adaptor as the WiFi kept dropping out after an hour or so. but it’s doing the same with the Ethernet adaptor, keeps disconnecting after a while, everything else on the network works so defo a firestick issue.

could be a heat problem, i opened the firestick then drilled the outer casing to ventilate the firestick, been working fine ever since. hope this helps.

It has still dropped out a couple of times watching films from a private server, so unsure if it is a server issue or stick.

what adapter as some cheaper ones are bit iffy

I have had the same issue and ordered an adaptor which should arrive today. Will let you know how I get on.

I have two fire sticks and two Amazon adaptors never had a problem with any of them

That’s strange then, mines a genuine one from amazon, still drops signal after about an hour, then won’t connect again for about 5-6 mins.

I turned the router off then back on last night, managed a couple of hours I think and it didn’t drop signal , so hopefully that’s all it was, just needing a reboot.

Back