Firestick backup

Fergalsworld

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My mates coming over tomorrow with a new firestick, anyone got a decent back of kodi i can put on it
oh and how would i go about doing it
Thanks in advance

personally use adb for all my needs to install kodi just click install apk install from source & reboot
if you want to install a wizard which i do not recommend then hit restore button & install from source where you have it
no need for bloated wizards

Interesting thought, could we have an area where working backups are uploaded, basics such as, sports, Movies, Entertainment ?

to be honest mate can be easily done within an hour from scratch best back up is your own
but it may be a good idea all the same

to be honest mate can be easily done within an hour from scratch best back up is your own
but it may be a good idea all the same

I agree, It's not hard and is better to know for when stuff goes wrong, scandalous the prices I have seen on eBay extra for something so simple.

We all have our opinions and preferences

This is only 138 MB

It will even work on android mobiles phones

you won’t get much lighter than that

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Attachments

• lite.png
    lite.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
my personal build with all the main addons running sweet @ size of 98mb
bear in mind everytime you use it it backsup all user_data & if not cleaned regular will turn out massive as well
also a few skins are causing issues with memory leaks which can cause crashes & slow connections they wont tell you that bit

I have messed about with fire sticks for the last few months trying different builds on them. My conclusion is that less is more on the fire stick as it has limited ram. I feel that builds like the beast and the Wookie at nearly 1 GB in size are far too big and will slow any machine down. I have noticed the smaller your build the more responsive Kodi seems. I have run the blackbox build which is only 300 MB on the fire stick and it seems to run okay. It uses the CCM confluence skin which i use myself and is very customisable. But as Alimac says if you've got the time install Kodi and just install the add-ons you need 20 max. Make sure one of them is raw maintenance and use it regularly to clean out your user data. Also make sure you back up your build, so if anything goes wrong you don't have to reinstall everything.

Last edited:
Back