Firefox 3

thomasjcat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've just downloaded Firefox 3 and I've found out that Roboform doesn't work also Real player plug-in doesn't work either, apart from that everything s OK, no real probs as such. :proud:

i installed it, and it cleared my usernames and passwords.

a few extensiopns don't work either, so i am not very happy.

Avg 8 plugin don't work either ! but i can live with that overall seem faster than my older version so all in all im happy.

I found this on another site, Firefox 3.0 Roboform-Firefox-3.0.xpi, its a fix for Roboform, and it works, still looking for the Real player fix.:proud:

I think most of the addons aren't yet compatible with Firefox 3. Many of my favourite themes aren't, that's why I'm sticking with Firefox 2 atm. I'm gona giv it a couple of weeks, see how things develop.

Its not firefox that does the addons, its the bloody developers, just hope they update their addons soon so everyone can get back to normal lol.

There is a a few xpi's that have to be rewritten as the firefox engine is different. It will not be long though;)

I have been running the RC's and the Beta's for a while now, my fave app got updated yesterday and that is greasemonkey:)

It hasnt asked me too install any plug-ins yet,anyone got a link so i can try

Is Firefox 3 much better than previous then??

Although I'm sticking with firefox 2, I have tried Firefox 3 and I must say that it's alot more 'memory usage friendly' which is a real boost. Also, the accessiblity and speed of the browser is much faster, and it just has more modernized and user-friendly options.

I'm stll at a loss as to how long its going to take developers to develop their addons which will be compatible for Firefox 3. Many have already begun the change, but most of them need to catch up.

And staying with Firefox, I've read on various articles around the net that when Microsoft launch their new browser: Internet Explorer 8, Firefox should be on version 4 by then and should release version 4 soon after the IE 8 release.

I'm not sure whether this is true or not, but if this is the case then Mozilla developers have a lot to think about, I mean what's there to change on the Firefox 3 browser.

It has excellent features, and many more options available. All I can think of is improving the layout of the brower, but that's still a good job done anyway.

PS: sorry if I've bored you lol.

Have been using FF3 for the past week and overall it is a lot faster than FF2, although I do find that the initial start-up is a little slower than FF2. But I guess you get used to it after a while.

One problem which I found annoying was the hard disk activity every now and then when I wasn't downloading anything. Managed to pinpoint it to the web forgery/attack (blacklisted) websites that FF3 keeps a track of. Once I disabled this feature the crunching has disappeared. So if anyone is having difficulty with this, just go to Tools - Options - Security tab and then disable the two check boxes! Hope this helps someone!

i installed the beta before but took it off due to the extensions problems so think im gonna wait abit for them to be updated

it killed my bookmarks :( luckily got them back off my laptop, when I install roboform xpi 3 just crashes?

All my stuff seems to be fine passwords etc still there and bookmarks there....

Piclens is nice never used it before just waiting for the themes to work with it :)

All my stuff seems to be fine passwords etc still there and bookmarks there....

Piclens is nice never used it before just waiting for the themes to work with it :)

Piclens is so cool especially with Google images, it just maes the whole experience more interactive :Clap:

is there any way to clear the address bar so that the search doesn't start when you type an address ?

ive already got a tick in "always clear my private data when i close firefox"

i dont have a tick in "remember what i enter in forms and the search bar"

Back