Fire Rages At Universal Studios

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hundreds of firefighters are tackling a blaze which is tearing through Universal Studios in Los Angeles.

1684239.jpg

The fire has destroyed or severely damaged several buildings as well as the movie set theme park's King Kong exhibit.

The exhibit is a stop on the studio's tram tour where the giant ape bellows at passengers and artificial banana scent fills the area.

Fire captain Frank Reynoso said the alarm was raised just before dawn and at least one explosion had been heard.

Helicopters have been dumping large quantities of water from the skies.

The blaze started on a film lot sound stage and crews are working with the studio's own firefighters to ensure the flames do not spread to nearby brush.

Inspector Frank Garrido, of the LA County Fire Department, told Sky News: "In the Universal Studios backlot there's a total of six buildings lost and one sound stage damaged at this time.
"We can't confirm the cause of the fire at this time. I don't know if there was filming going on - it's still under investigation and will be for some time.

"We have over 300 firefighting personnel on scene with co-operating agencies from around the area."

Los Angeles County fire Inspector Daryl Jacobs said: "The facades are constructed of heavy timber and they tend to burn quite freely," he said.

Another fireman said: "There's some Hollywood history going up in smoke today and we're doing our best to minimalise the damage."

Street scenes of New York and New England have also been damaged.

Visitors to the studios, in Universal City, California, can see sets from films such as Psycho and Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds as well as television shows like Desperate Housewives and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

could of been the libyans with there sonny gun rocket launcher

u all wrong it was a scientology suiside bomber.

haha. It was Tom Cruise.....

I never knew they kept sets for a while. I thought like right after filimg theyd just dismantle it and look for what they could reuse in another film.

Back