Fire HD 8 Tablet screen cast to TV ?

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Fire HD 8 5.0.** and I'm after casting/streaming live football from the Fire tablet to my smart TV, is this possible and of so how ?. There's no HDMI out on this only the charging usb port

Last edited:
You would need some app/device on the TV to cast too i would think

yeah that's what I'm trying ot figure out , which. I read use Remodroid but that doesn't

Is it a smart/android tv?
don`t you have a firestick/android box?

Ya seems like Remodroid should work for you>>

1) Download RemoDroid and install on your HD 8 and or 7
2) Install RemoDroid on a device that has ability to screen mirror, but no software to do so (Like the HD 8 or 7)
3) Make sure both devices are on the same WiFi network. Start the app on both devices. If rooted, grant the app root access. On the HD 8 and 7, ignore the no root warnings.
4) On the HD 8 or 7, tap 'stream', ignoring the warnings.
5) On your other device, tap connect. In a few seconds your HD 8 should appear on the list. Tap it. Your HD 8 or 7 screen is now being mirrored to your device
highfive.gif

6) On that device, tap the back button and tap ok to stop the connection. On the HD 8 or 7, stop streaming.
7) On your other device, tap 'stream'
8) On the HD 8 or 7 tap 'connect' and select your other device from the list. You are now mirroring to your HD 8 or 7.

have a check in your setting ???

Important: If you don't see the Display Mirroring option in Display & Sounds, your Fire tablet does not support display mirroring.

Before you mirror the screen of your Fire tablet, make sure your TV or media streaming device is turned on and discoverable. "Discoverable" means that your Fire tablet can identify and connect to your device wirelessly. If you're not sure how to make your TV or media streaming device discoverable, refer to the user guide that came with the device.

Note: If your TV or media streaming device is not compatible, you may be able to use an HDMI display dongle, which is an HDMI adapter you connect to your TV or media streaming device. An HDMI dongle allows you to wirelessly display content from your Fire tablet to your TV or media streaming device.

1. From your Fire tablet, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
  2. Tap Display & Sounds and then tap Display Mirroring. Your Fire tablet searches for compatible devices within range.
  3. Tap the name of your TV or media streaming device. This initial connection may take up to 20 seconds. After 20 seconds, your device's screen should appear on your TV.
  4. To stop displaying the screen, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Stop Mirroring.

It doesn't have mirroring on it :(
What would be the way to do it if I used a fire 4k HD ?. I want to stream ifollow while I'm away aboard

Last edited:
Back