feedback please

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
hi guys i added a translate page feature on the navbar for our lovely foriegn members ;)

also i added a cover search feature to the quick search (which seems like it only works in IE :() which i need to change to work with all browsers.

can you all see the new bits and are they working ?

cheers all

hi guys i added a translate page feature on the navbar for our lovely foriegn members ;)

also i added a cover search feature to the quick search (which seems like it only works in IE :() which i need to change to work with all browsers.

can you all see the new bits and are they working ?

cheers all

yep both visible and working in I.E 7 here, Id just started apost about Translation feature, thought I hadnt seen that before.

must of just missed it m8y

yeah its new feature... i noticed on my stats we have alot of members from germany and russia viewing our forums and thought hey lets look after them a little and google does all the work so has to be a good thing ;)

lol I must be being thick but where is it ? I can't see it in firefox

works for me here m8y and i like the translator idea ,its a good one.
just tested this post and realise i can now type in many different languages. couldnt speak em let alone write em .

Last edited:
cheers gez it was on the vbulletin hack site but they made a crappy version with it at the bottom so i decided i would write a better template mod and location ;)

what about the cover search can you use it ?

cheers gez it was on the vbulletin hack site but they made a crappy version with it at the bottom so i decided i would write a better template mod and location ;)

what about the cover search can you use it ?

yes mickie just tried that took all of 1 seconed to find beatles .nice an tidy m8

Tried Camino, Firefox and Safari, all latest versions. I can see the translate page in disturbed wide, though it shows in white where the other items are gray. Search covers seems to return results for the whole site. Also if the search fails e.g. for trying again in less than 30 seconds then when you are dropped back to the advanced search page the search parameters are for 'all open forums'. It would be nice if after a cover search the 'CD Covers' forum was already selected.

there is no point putting a translate button on the original skin as if people are on that skin they are more than likely a member and enlgish and dont need it translated

but they should be able to use the search covers feature

well it all works just fine here,now we wait for word of mouth and other people from different countries to find us. good one mickie. perhaps we should club together and put an advert on sly an virgie saying what we all trying to do lol

I can see the translate page in disturbed wide, though it shows in white where the other items are gray.
Its because all the others are within hyperlinks set to a hexadecimal colour of B5B5B6, where as text otherwise affected by the vbmenu_control class is set to F7F7F7.

Two options to fix. Either change the template to a null hyperlink i.e.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
(I have no experience with VBulletin or .php so don't know if that will break the page or not?)

Or (likely the safer option)

Change the colour of text in the external CSS to the same as that of the hyperlinks (i.e. B5B5B5). NB this may set the colour of the text in the drop down boxes to the same.

Back