Feckin Plumbers !!!!!!

FUBAR69

Inactive User
Reaction score
My mum had a leak in her bathroom last week so she called a plumber.

He arrived at 0915 and pulled the bath panel off and found 2 leaks, he fixed the leaks and the whole operation took him until 1200.

The bill ?.......................£613 feckin quid !!!

I feel like replumbing him !! :Kickassro

robbing bastard ,,, get your mom to phone him back and say its leaking again . then lock him in the bath room and drown him

Where else would your mum have a leak....:Cool2:

She has been fekkin stitched up FUBAR pal. Thats bloody ridiculous price.

Tell me about it !!

My mum stills lives in Scotland and I am in Belfast

The real kick in the arse is he actually charged her £593 but actually had the cheek to phone the next day and say he forgot to charge her £20 and called back and collected it !! AAARRRGGGHHHH

WTF !!! Cheeky fookin B$%£rd !

could have got the bathroom suite plumbed in from scratch TWICE for that much !

Last edited:
you havnt really said what hes replaced mate so how can the rest of you say hes a cheeky fooker? not after a row but thing like the cost of tools,petrol,insurance,labour etc need to be taken into account. that does sound a little steep but maybe your mam should have gotten a price first?

robber.gif

mate that just isnt on, call trading standards and if necessary start court proceedings

mate that just isnt on, call trading standards and if necessary start court proceedings

no mate ypu cant do that, did she sign a contract? probably not. you cant get them done for that. she(fubars mum) could have refused to pay or even asked for a quote. sorry to sound in this guys favour but i am not, this is the system and theren is nothing you can do about it. fubar no hard fellings against you mate. you should ALWAYS ask for a quote or estimate(guesstimate)

where abouts in scotland is your mum bud

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Thats taking the piss m8 :)
Would have done that for 100/150 euro's no probs.
We aint all bad m8.

where abouts in scotland is your mum bud

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

She is in Erskine mate.

As far as I can make out he replaced two lengths of copper pipe, now I know the price of metal has went up but reckon I could have had them gold plated for the money !

no mate ypu cant do that, did she sign a contract? probably not. you cant get them done for that. she(fubars mum) could have refused to pay or even asked for a quote. sorry to sound in this guys favour but i am not, this is the system and theren is nothing you can do about it. fubar no hard fellings against you mate. you should ALWAYS ask for a quote or estimate(guesstimate)

sorry bud but you are very wrong, for example your toilet farts when you sit on it, i come and fix it and charge you £1.5 million. do you really think i'm going to get away with it??? whilst the prices may vary no plumber can charge £200 an hour. she has been ripped off plain and simple. trading standards can put this cowboy straight and in court he can argue maximum fees ie premium charge plus callout etc but theres no way he'll get even a third of that

i'm a plumber and fixed some leaks yesterday

1. fixed leak on waste in kitchen

2. fixed tap that was not working

3. change syphon in toilet as was not flushing (£20)

was there for 1 and half hours

total price £102.50

think you was robbed big time fella

Three hours to fix Two leaks. Some plumber that is. You can fit a full suite in that time. Was he wearing a Three cornered hat and a swag bag :)

Back