Feckin fuming

My argument would be that they shouldn’t be able to issue an insurance certificate on a car you don’t own, because the registration ending in N probably belongs to another vehicle. They knew what they were doing the dirty dirty bastards😡

Yep corrupted TF fella round here on his way home around 8 in the night trafico police stopped him said he was speeding he said I wasn't
( give me €80 he said ) give me the ticket then ?
( No ticket he said €80 )
so give me a ticket then copper told him to Foff then and drove away absolute pricks

I’ve got it now, your insurer sent out a policy with an error on your registration number, their mistake.
Even though you should have spotted it and let them know I would continue with you complaint - in writing recorded delivery,asking for the 800 euro refund, usually you have to give the company a chance to rectify the problem before you complain to the ombudsman (UK) I would still look into the ombudsman. Don’t think you will get far but I would still try, like I said earlier insurers will do anything to get out of their liabilities.

That’s a bummer have you been with that insurance company for more than a year just wondering if you had an older policy with correct reg on it Orbif you drove it from uk the dvl will have record of it for your road tax

Update on this , the misus
( OMG ) unbeknown to me every time liniadirecta advised there insurance on Facebook or Instagram she would make a comment crucifing them over this it went on for a couple of week's eventually they sent a private message
Which she just cut and pasted the same
Had a phone call yesterday saying how sorry they were and would be reimbsing me the €800 something to say about social media :) get in haha

Update on this , the misus
( OMG ) unbeknown to me every time liniadirecta advised there insurance on Facebook or Instagram she would make a comment crucifing them over this it went on for a couple of week's eventually they sent a private message
Which she just cut and pasted the same
Had a phone call yesterday saying how sorry they were and would be reimbsing me the €800 something to say about social media :) get in haha

Delighted you got sorted.

Some companies are a disgrace. Amazing what social media can do. Few years ago some dude reversed into my car at an inspection booth of the builders providers so I organized to rent another car from one of the big car rental companies. Paid the booking fee with my debit card then went to get the car. They tell me at the counter that's they can not give me the car cause I don't have a credit card. They tell me it says on their T&Cs I need a credit card which I don't have. Amazing they will take money from a debit card but won't let you take the car without a credit card.

Long story short I couldn't rent the car or any car so was out of work for 2 weeks while I was waiting for the car to be fixed. They would not give me back my booking fee of nearly €200. So I wrote a tonne of bad reviews about them online and they reached out and gave me most of my money back. Still would of preferred the rental car at the time.

@chadda Your post put a smile on my face and well done to Mrs Chadda she deserves a big treat.

Back