Fax software

magnet

Member +
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a piece of fax software, to send and recieve but without actually having a fax machine?

Thanks

Mag

prob same a mh suggested

start\set program access and defaults\add/remove windows componants\fax service

of course u will need a fax modem, u cant use this over broardband.

that is a differnt question

Thanks, i'm on XP so i'll give that ago.

I'm going to sign up to vonage to use their fax service.
Any particular fax modem i should buy?

think u can buy a cheapy winmodem that does fax for £5 to £8 or so.

are u on broadband ? there is a service u can use 4 free to uk numbers to send fax's it converts a word doc to a fax and delivers to a fax machine, ill try and fint the url if any good to u.

here it is h**p://www.tpc.int/

Last edited:
Thanks Hatab,

i'll take alook at that later, but I need people to be able to send me faxes from their fax machines so i've got to get a fax number.

I'm on broadband.

Does the xp fax setup accept incoming faxes or am i better off with winfax pro?

have a look at yac.com too, they give you a 07 number to use for incoming faxes, which they forward to your email inbox.

Free for you, but people sending the fax pay a premium, works well.

DSL and Cable are for Internet access ONLY. Faxing does not go through the Internet. It dials the telephone number of the receiving fax machine. Faxing is essentially the same as a person picking up a telephone and dialing a telephone number to call a friend. Except your computer's modem is dialing a telephone number to call a fax machine.

Thanks for the help, i'm getting a vonage phone/fax line. so i just need software that can send and recieve through their modem.

Back