Faulty ps3

deedie posted a link for Sonys extended play deal, I think it costs a few pounds a month, but they will do it.

If yours is under warranty, then it should be free unless you damaged it.

warranty repairs often require the original proof of purchase. Ask Sony what they need to see in order to get one done.

this might have no bearing but when l was checking my xbox warranty they said the box was in someone elses name and the extended warranty didn't apply . but l knew the guy l got it off and said it was a gift and they said thats ok then

might be an idea to ask the seller for that info ?

I needed to get my jap PSP repaired once, Sony said they would do it - but only with the orignial proof of purchase. As mine was brand new, and they had been on sale in the UK by that time, they were ok with my receipt.

Hi mate, has your PS3 been sorted out?

I bought a faulty PS3(60GB) from ebay (it seems like a Jap PS3) and it was faulty. (it used to just flash red when trying to turn it on)

So I gave sony a call and told them this, then he asked me when I bought it, I said in November 2007 and then gave my original PS3 UK 60GB serial number.
The guy goes not a problem, we will exchange it for you, so they will send one out and I will swap it with Parceline! (All this to be done within a week)
He did not ask about the receipt, so it is all good (like for like replacement) :)

Hi mate, has your PS3 been sorted out?

I bought a faulty PS3(60GB) from ebay (it seems like a Jap PS3) and it was faulty. (it used to just flash red when trying to turn it on)

So I gave sony a call and told them this, then he asked me when I bought it, I said in November 2007 and then gave my original PS3 UK 60GB serial number.
The guy goes not a problem, we will exchange it for you, so they will send one out and I will swap it with Parceline! (All this to be done within a week)
He did not ask about the receipt, so it is all good (like for like replacement) :)

cheers for the info mate but i didnt end up buying the ps3 but ill keep this in mind if i do. cheers

Back