Faulty Ipod screens

BrianA

Inactive User
Reaction score
I bought my daughter an Ipod photo from Florida this year .
A month later she put it down on her desk at home picked it up in the morning and the screen was cracked.
I sent the unit back to Apple who refused to repair it and claimed that the damaged ipod screen was not covered by their warranty.
Has anybody else suffered from this and have they had any joy with Apple regarding a repair?
One thing is for sure and that is that I will not touch and Apple product again.
:WEE1:
aw5091.gif
:STIG:

This has been in the headlines quite a bit lately,i noticed they are sellin em with covers now but as for yours m8 if you,ve tried and they said no i cant see what else u can do :(

They have acknowledged now that there is a problem, so i would try Citizens Advice.

zooropa said:
This has been in the headlines quite a bit lately,i noticed they are sellin em with covers now but as for yours m8 if you,ve tried and they said no i cant see what else u can do :(

Normally I would agree with that but seeing as they can sort of admit that their Nanos have faulty screens and subsequently be taken to court over them that the same could apply to their Ipods as I've read of this happening to others on the net.
As narabdela said it might be worth asking Citizens advice or some such other authority.
Nearly £200 for 1 months use is totally unacceptable I'm sure you'd agree and the screen is well protected,you'd have to hit it with a hammer and nail to get past the protective screen.
Anyway I'll start moaning to people and see where it gets me.
In the meantime if there are any people in the know regarding consumer rights maybe you could put me on the right path.
Thanks for the replies.
:Cheers:

Back