faulty injector

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys - me daughters car broke down on the motorway,well she said the power dropped ...so when the AA man came he diagnosed it to a faulty injector. Its a VW golf 1.6tdi 2011 plate...anyway towed it back home now, parked outside. Now i i need to take it to a local mechanic but can i drive the car while its in this state?. I started the car and it was shaking slightly with the engine management light flashing. i told the mechanic that im gonna get a second hand diesle injector and bring the car but he said to bring it first so they can have a look at it before i purchase the injector. I need to drive it there so is it ok to drive or will i cause more damage ?
cheers

Johnny has the car had the emmissions update software applied? if so take it nowhere. phone VW hotline and get a case number from them., then explain you are having problems with the car and you think its due to emissions fix software. tell them you want it booked in to a vag garage for diagnostics and if found to be a problem with injectors or any of the parts covered under the trust building measures you want to fixed under the TBM terms., Ill post the number in the morning and any other info to help as long as the fix had been applied you will get it repaired free of charge

Last edited:
enter your reg here to find out if car had emissions update done. it must have had it done less than 2 years and also be under a certain mileage @160k i think? to qualify for TBM fixes free

Volkswagen Emissions & Recall Information : Volkswagen UK

trust building measure.
Volkswagen Emissions & Recall Information : Volkswagen UK

info and telephone number.

VW Emissions team 0800 333 666 option 1 option 1

Connectez-vous ou inscrivez-vous pour voir le contenu

before you have had your car . join this facebook group , read posts and get advice from admin about the ecu software on yr car. Se connecter à Facebook | Facebook

under no circumstances let VW update the ECU software further when in getting fixed under TBM as they are now passwording and locking down the ecu so software cant be removed. Once you car is up and running get the softwrae rolled back to prefix software and also the added parts removed from the car

Last edited:
thanks shaun127..my daughter has had the car for about 6 months..mileage is around 123K on it..im not sure if the emissions update done ? ive entered my car reg and it gives me the vin number..so what do i do with the vin number ? do i enter it somewhere else to see if the fix has been applied?..i do remeber about vw fixing the emissions test sometime back..

ok..thanks mate...seems like my car , well my daughters car is affected..will ring vw tommorow or could book it online but prefer to talk to someone, work done by vw will be free of charge. Now im sure VW try to wriggle their way out by saying it hasnt got a full service history, but im sure it has some history from VW when we bought it 6 months ago, but not sure up till when. i did read that the fuel injection system does come under the TBM so it will be interesting to see what vw say or will do. I have a vw dealership near our house.

I know of numerous people that have had injectors replaced under TBM. There seems to be no set rules as theyre doing it free for some people and not for others. Good luck johnny and yr right phone up, get a case manager and a case number and go from there.

Hi guys..spoke to vw earlier, the car hasn't had the emissions software update done so they won't look at...worth a try at least, plus daughter needs car urgently..and the timeframe depending on the dealers was 8 to 12 weeks...too look long..

Well its good news that the car hasnt had the update as its destroying the engines and putting extra wear on other components. Do not let them anywhere near it to install the new software. Ive had mine fixed for free because of the emissions software, and now had the software removed from the car and original software reinstalled

Fuel injection system is covered if youve had the fix software. "The Trust Building Measure covers a total of 11 components within the exhaust gas recirculation system, the fuel injection system and the emissions after treatment system: lambda probe, temperature sensor, EGR changeover valve, exhaust gas recirculation valve, exhaust gas recirculation pressure differential sensor, injector, high pressure pump, fuel rail, pressure control valve, pressure sensor, high pressure pipelines "

Bought a second hand injector from ebay..cost me £100..so gonna have that fitted later on in the week.

i do that ...i get the local garage to change the oil and filter for £10...i change the air filte myself..bloody garage charge extra tenner just to change air filter..mind you i can service the car myself..just cant be arsed to get changed , get the ramps out, etc..takes to long..lol

Back