Faulty Evox Max on eBay

akki007

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone bought one of these faulty boxes from eBay? If so, what sort of faults are they?! Just bought one for £35 so am a bit sceptical that it will work!

Anyone bought one of these faulty boxes from eBay? If so, what sort of faults are they?! Just bought one for £35 so am a bit sceptical that it will work!

i think the clue is in the "faulty" pal. if they were repairable the guys who are sellin em wouldve done so.
if your looking for a particular part for a repair you maybe lucky

BUT, the ad on eBay says "Just needs attention, if you know your stuff…

This will be a great working box at the CRAZY PRICE"

I've mailed the seller to ask if its a bad flash or hardware issue. If they don't give a good enough answer then they don't get any $$$!

BUT, the ad on eBay says "Just needs attention, if you know your stuff…

This will be a great working box at the CRAZY PRICE"

I've mailed the seller to ask if its a bad flash or hardware issue. If they don't give a good enough answer then they don't get any $$$!

i asked what faults were and got no reply, so i assume thay have faulty boards
but good luck anyway

If they don't reply to me, they don't get paid. Then they get bac feedback, then they can't sell anything!

I bought 1 it turned up and all looked fine,flashed new firmware onto it and scanned, but it seemed to scan to fast and found no channels.Had a mess about and flashed cdf file but no luck, scanned a few more times but still wouldnt find any channels.So stuck it back on fleabay:FRIGHT:

Last edited:
ha ha, yeah, I saw someone got one for a fiver! Hmm, i paid £35. Im sure they are fixable with a soldering iron and some knowhow (which I dont have!). I reckon I will keep it, see what I can do!

Anyone on here fancy giving me a hand!?!?!

ha ha, yeah, I saw someone got one for a fiver! Hmm, i paid £35. Im sure they are fixable with a soldering iron and some knowhow (which I dont have!). I reckon I will keep it, see what I can do!

Anyone on here fancy giving me a hand!?!?!

like i said mate, if these were easily fixable these guys would fix them.
ive had a few with faulty boards and couldnt get anyone to sort them for me.
now im wishing id stuck them on ebay as faulty :Laugh:

Have spoke to someone else who bought from this seller, said he fixed his. He bought about 5 off him. So they are fixable.

If they don't reply to me, they don't get paid. Then they get bac feedback, then they can't sell anything!

You should ask the question before you place your bid and win the auction. If you don't pay then its them who'll report you as a non-paying bidder. Do that too many times and your off eBay until you register again with different details.

Sorry but I detest the idiots who query the item AFTER bidding has finished :(

same here
if you dont want them item, then dont bid,
dont win and leave bad feedback, thats just slack to the seller,

if your not sure about the item then dont bid,

You should ask the question before you place your bid and win the auction. If you don't pay then its them who'll report you as a non-paying bidder. Do that too many times and your off eBay until you register again with different details.

well said Garym

Have spoke to someone else who bought from this seller, said he fixed his. He bought about 5 off him. So they are fixable.

well mate you have youre answer, give it to the guy who got 5 and ask him to fix it. he must be a right clever koont

First of all, there was only a few minutes left on the auction so I didn't have time to query the state of the box. Secondly, the ad stated that the box is fixable, hence my question on here.

Why don't you get off your soap box and wind your neck in. As far as I know this is a forum for help, not abuse. I'm off back to the dreambox forum where the people are actually helpful.

I'm very helpful and am certainly on no soap box, my words were in relation to you saying he could basically swivel for his money if he didn't satisfy you with his answer to your question. If you bid and win, you pay. Simple as that.
You obviously don't know how eBay works so its not worth my time or effort educating you with an attitude like that.
I'll just let you get on with pissing off legitimate sellers.

Clearly you don't understand the Sale of Goods act. The product must be as described. If the box isn't fixable then I don't pay. It has nothing to do with eBay. I very much doubt there is anything you can educate me with. Ho hum.

LOL, he advertises it as faulty and fixable. I'm sure it's fixable unless its been steam-rollered!! If it requires a mainboard then its fixable, a new tuner then its fixable.....

Anyway, no point arguing about it is there so lets agree to disagree.

so u take a gamble and fook his feedback .. well your wrong and u know it , if u cant fix it just dont leave any feeback , dont play with them as u said u didnt have time to read the ad as it was ending , is that there fault or yours .. anyway as u said your off so bye bye

LOL, he advertises it as faulty and fixable. I'm sure it's fixable unless its been steam-rollered!! If it requires a mainboard then its fixable, a new tuner then its fixable.....

Anyway, no point arguing about it is there so lets agree to disagree.

so please tell us where you can get a mainboard for a eurovox.
also the tuner is part of the mainboard.
I tried to get a TV engineer to get an RF module for one, and guess what?
he couldnt source the part

Back