Fat people blamed for global warming

totalgenius

Inactive User
Reaction score
As if they didn’t already have enough problems on their hands fat people are now being blamed for global warming.

British scientists say they use up more fuel to transport them around and the amount of food they eat requires more energy to produce than that consumed by those on smaller diets.

According to a team at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine this adds to food shortages and higher energy prices.

Researchers Phil Edwards said: “We are all becoming heavier and it is a global responsibility. Obesity is a key part of the big picture."

Mr Edwards and his colleague Ian Roberts argue that because thinner people eat less and are more likely to walk than rely on cars, a slimmer population would lower demand for fuel and food.

Because 20 percent of greenhouse gas stems from agriculture any reduction in food consumption would help cut emissions.

Edwards and Roberts found that obese people need 1,680 daily calories to sustain normal energy and another 1,280 calories to maintain daily activities, 18 percent more than someone with a healthy body mass index.

At least 400 million adults worldwide are obese. The World Health Organization (WHO) projects by 2015, 2.3 billion adults will be overweight and more than 700 million will be obese.

In their model, the researchers estimate 40 percent of the global population is obese, with a body mass index of 30 or over.

The normal range is usually considered to be 18 to 25, with more than 25 considered overweight and above 30 obese.

"Promotion of a normal distribution of BMI would reduce the global demand for, and thus the price of, food," Edwards and Roberts wrote in the latest edition of The Lancet.

But some nutrition and obesity experts said the research ignores more important reasons for increased food production.

"We throw away far more food that the extra 460 calories per day they point out," said Dr. Tim Church, chairman in health wisdom at Louisiana State University.

"In other words, most of our food overproduction is due to waste, not overeating.

"It is estimated that one-fourth of the food produced in the U.S. goes to waste. Does having 50 extra pounds in a Chevy Tahoe really affect gas mileage? I do not think so."

Keith-Thomas Ayoob, paediatric nutritionist and associate professor at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, said: "Obese people have enough issues to deal with without being demonized for their impact on the environment. The truth is all people are an environmental burden.“

By Patrick Sawer
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1973230/Fat-people-blamed-for-global-warming.html

But dont they also die earlier ?

Meaning they would in a lifetime eat less than a normal person ? unless they are a right greedy bastard lol.

I am just messing i could do with losing a few pounds myself but these scientist every fooking day give us some different statements

Example they now tell us that taking vitamin tablets is bad - FFS my mum and dad have only been taking them for 20 years!!!

They say that alcahol is a killer but if you drink say a pint a day it can be healthy

Chocolate is a fat persons heart attack waiting to happen... but now its good for the heart.

Tomorrow they will tell us that global warming is mainly to do with slim people living longer than fat people and eating more in a life time and using more fuels in the long run!

Fucking scientists lol

But dont they also die earlier ?

Meaning they would in a lifetime eat less than a normal person ? unless they are a right greedy bastard lol.

I am just messing i could do with losing a few pounds myself but these scientist every fooking day give us some different statements

Example they now tell us that taking vitamin tablets is bad - FFS my mum and dad have only been taking them for 20 years!!!

They say that alcahol is a killer but if you drink say a pint a day it can be healthy

Chocolate is a fat persons heart attack waiting to happen... but now its good for the heart.

Tomorrow they will tell us that global warming is mainly to do with slim people living longer than fat people and eating more in a life time and using more fuels in the long run!

Fucking scientists lol

Good shout m8. These fookers can manipulate the facts to suit the mood.
Personally i blame the Americans for global warming. Mind you they are all fat fookers anyway lol

Ah what the hell, we might as well blame the more "chunky" amongst us for the economy, they get the blame of everything else lol

Whats next, blame the gays for a population dip ?

And to think these "scientists" are probably funded by the government !

Chubby Trunks Brown should be put on a diet and banned from travelling then ? :roflmao:

Just shows you what a load of shit this theory is.
If the Earth is warming up; it is a natural cycle that has happened on numerous occassions in the past.
What about that Volcano that's been spewing out shit for weeks.
What about all the millions of cows farting all day.
What about the bacteria in the sea churning out methane ( the biggest cause on the planet).
PLANT MORE TREES.

LMFAO (thats laugh my FAT arse off) roflmao

I must use a lot of fuel :) pmsl

What a load of old bollox !

Just shows you what a load of shit this theory is.
If the Earth is warming up; it is a natural cycle that has happened on numerous occassions in the past.
What about that Volcano that's been spewing out shit for weeks.
What about all the millions of cows farting all day.
What about the bacteria in the sea churning out methane ( the biggest cause on the planet).
PLANT MORE TREES.

clapping.GIF
clapping.GIF

I had a curry & fried rice last night !! I am so sorry I have killed us all SORRY :roflmao:

@ pipsqueeker, on the nose chum :Clap:

The story makes sense, we cant blame global warming on terrorists like we do on everything else so lets just pick on the fat kid like we did at school (that means that people who wear glasses are next)

I like fat people, they make me feel good about myself.

Back