Faster Internet for FREE in 30 seconds - No... Seriously

spud1966

Staff member
Reaction score
Was flicking about guys and found this youtube vid

Watched a few videos from this user , explains pc technology and terminology very well ( I'm a bit of a geek pmsl)

Wow browsing is well faster now Enjoy ;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Got me thinking now so 1.1 safer are do they all just spam you?

Got me thinking now so 1.1 safer are do they all just spam you?

I don't know. I'm just paranoid and when somebody offers something for free they are usually up to something.

It's all part of "big Data" and DNS requests are worth something to someone :).

Can't really get away from it though. Unless you want to modify your hosts file with every site you use. I wonder if there is a list for that already being maintained, someone will be doing it.

Same here nothing is for free so must be collecting something to sell on

Bowser well faster but im a bit paranoid now ;)

Same here nothing is for free so must be collecting something to sell on

Bowser well faster but im a bit paranoid now ;)

Probably not worth being paranoid as they all do it :).

When I was on O2 with my first smartphone I went to show someone something on LiveLeak and a splash page came up telling me to verify my age (although I'd been with them since the days of Cellnet). It looked a bit suspect but turned out that it was O2 looking at DNS requests. So I started tunnelling my phone over SSH to my home proxy, no DNS requests or enything else for them, apart for encrypted requests and data :).

Faster then isp standard dns... Used Google dns for ages 8.8.8.8 now switched to 1.1.1.1

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Might be worth reading this on the benefits of DNS Providers. Some seem to give more protection than others. Cloudfare don't mention things like

Protects from:-
  • phishing attacks,
  • malicious websites,
  • cache poisoning attacks
Where other DNS do.

Also, I did the test using the same program he used to test and I'd suggest running that before changing to cloudfare. Your results will probably different from his, mine and your mate Joe Bloggs the next town over. Also i noted that the benchmark progam suggested to change each computer in your house to use DNS servers directly and not rely on the router to be the sole DNS point in your network!

Last edited:
Back