FAO Digi - dish pics!!

I'm not dude so best to wait for his reply, but that just looks wrong. The motor elevation seems too low and the dish elevation too high. I cant see that it is following the 'arc' whatsoever, more of a 'straight line' or upside down arc :). Are you getting any signals with that?
Mind you i could be wrong and its difficult to know from a picture.

I get 28.2 and 19 ok but if i go to anyehere else then no signal!! If i set it up manually on 1w then i can get that ok and hotbird but nothing else - i just presumed that as the bracket isnt 100 percent plumb that was my problem but you may well be right lol!!

I will have to look again - and it was raining when i installed it lol!!

Have to agree with pinkhelments dose look wrong also the clip that go's on to the sides of the motor looks wrong well wrong way round going by any of the motors i have put up but then they are all different , what make is the motor also what sat are you trying to start from in belfast we set it up with 5w as our 0 on or motor .

That bracket is the same as mine now i dont like it m8 but can say it has never let me down so it has to be down to the elevation of the motor and your dish

Just having a look after reading your post 2tone and dug out the instruction manual (its a motek sg2100 by the way) and I can see what you mean about being the wrong way round!!! I bought it on Ebay and it was already assembled as the fella had being using it but it has definately been put together the wrong way!!!

I will whip it down tomorrow and change it around and see what happens and report back!!! I must admit I did find it strange. I initially set it up to 1W and got a fairly good signal and then could only get hotbird - notyhing else worked at all - I was surprsed even if the bracket wasnt plumb that I wasnt getting a tiny amount of signal even if it wasnt enough to clear channels on the other satellites!!! Things are starting to look a bit clearer lol!!!

yep m8 it looks wrong and also when your getting up to fix it i would also change the bracket to a heavy duty bracket as that also looks like it will give you trouble m8

as has already been said m8, the part of the bracket with the scale on it is upside down, this will throw everything out before you even begin, also the bracket looks like a lidl 1 1/4 inch jobby, looking at the tilt of the dish, you wont need to spend out on a full set of T&Ks and pole, just a decent 2" L bracket will sort you out, just make sure the vertical pole is dead straight when fitting to the wall

Re, the movement of the motor mentioned in PM, re assemble the motor bracket properly, and fit to a larger diameter pole and i think your problems will be sorted m8 ;)

Well thanks for the input everyone - ive changed the motor bracket round to the correct way and all is now good!!! I can get a good signal on everything I should be able to receive now!!!

I will need to upgrade the bracket at some stage but im pleased its all working now!!

Thanks again!!

Sure is - cant believe it was quite so easy really - I'll bet things were a little tougher before USALS!!!

Back