Famous people you have spoken to?

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
I used to work in an IT Call Centre and got to speak to some pretty famous people.

Ones that I can remember are Paul Daniels and his wife (they were always calling, as they were as thick as ****), Terry Wogan, American Country singer Willie Nelson (actually it was his PA that phoned, but I had to confirm the account with Mr. Nelson before I could go any further - he was really nice), Peter Kay - not sure if it was THE Peter Kay, but it sounded like him and he had a Bolton address.

There was more but I can't remember who they were.

Who else has spoken to anyone famous?

The most famous person i have spoken to is Adam Clayton from U2, i fell down some stairs and landed on top of him in a nightclub.

I twisted my ankle, and i have to say he was very nice to me, was very concerned and kept offering me a lift home, which i refused.

Met and spoke to most of the england team after the Holland match at Euro96 - had a nice invite to the players bar after the game from Terry Venables dad, Fred, after serving him as a waiter for the other group games. Paul Gascoigne and his wife at the time Cheryl and Jamie Redknapp and his girlfriend at the time, now wife Louise were there.

Johnny Vegas used to lodge at my mates Mum and we used to go and support him on his early days of open mike stand up!! They often turned into messy drinking sessions!!

I did a bit of work at the home of opera singer Lesley Garrett a few years ago, she was pleasant if a bit of a diva!!

Kate Moss, shes a virmin customer. And had a fight with ex blue peter presenter Tim Vincent. Hes a dick!

spoke to loads of famous people. mostly Scottish when we had a stall down Paddy's Market, stars from Taggart original ones. Frankie Miller, Billy Connolly in the Clutha Vaults pub. Midge Ure, guys from Travis, Lulu. loads of Celtic and Rangers players in Various pubs.

Chief constable of Strathclyde Police but that's a different story.

I met most of the Old Firm players from the early to mid 90's as I had a part time job as a hospital porter while a student.

Who was it that had wee Pancho from Dirty Sanchez help them build a shed or patio or summit like that?

I thought that was cool as fook. :)

Digi?

God i've spoken to loads, mainly in the music industry. So I'll just list a few who are friends or who i've been out drinking with.

You probably wont have heard of most of them although they were all famous in their time.

Roy wood (Elo / Wizard )
Ricky Vallance (Tell Laura i love her )
Steve Gibbons (Tulane / Down in the bunker )
The Big Three
The Searchers
Tommy Bruce
Wee Willie Harris
Joe Meek
Joe Brown

God i give up ,Too many
Most of them were / are great guys except Ricky who was a right pain in the arse.
I'll tell you some stories about them sometime

My wife meet David Attinbourgh while waiting for a fight to singapore and had a quick kiss with George Best haha

i work in a call center and spoke to tor andre flo's wife on the phone and my girlfriend spoke to jade goodie, d list celeb name dropping gotta love it

i do know the blonde fella out of this group spoke a few times as well
and class him as a friend

shadrack from emmerdale, was working @ stax trade center in birmingham a few month back, i do part time IT onsite and was doing virus removal and updates on all there tills. Bloke asked me to serve him, looked up and it was shadrack lol, women who worked on till next to me told me afterwards hes always in there and stinks, i admit he did look like he`d just walked off the set of emmerdale.

dale winton, was in london a few years back seen him walking out of a hairdressers as we where walking past , a lot shorter than he looks, but feck me was he orange, how can people think its feckin normal to look bright orange.

alot of mates are famous, or should i say infamous in my town, but thats about it.

Nah, he's a chancer :)

I've spoke to Big Jim Leishman at a Motorola family day.
Had a chat to Ricky Hatton at Manchester airport, in the queue & in the departure lounge when we were on the same flight to Vegas (PacMan fight).
Stood next to Sean Connery at Edinburgh airport.

The Mrs, has spoken to:
Leo Sayer
Cheryl Cole
Status Quo
Dennis Waterman
Alex Salmond
Gordon Brown
Alistair Darling
Matt Lucas
All Blacks
Scottish Rugby team
Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs teams
Joanna Lumley
JK Rowling
Louis Walsh
Simon Cowell
Danny Minogue
And many more.

Her favourite is Samuel L Jackson, he held her arm, she melted.
--
Earwig's just gonna love this thread. :)

Tim Westwood
Jermaine Defoe - we were just giving each other a dirty look, didn't realise it was him till my mates went over to him all star struck lol
Chanelle from Big brother, she was with defoe ^ i just went over to her and started chatting instead lol
118 118 guys lol, all they said to us was "got your number"
Mr T, the original one
Theirry Henry
Martin, the boy from eastenders
Richard blackwood

Yer top bloke, but could he only mange 3 chords and was the only Homosexual in the band? ;)

Sorry Charlie, pmsl.

;)

i have spoke to and drunk with a few ...

Amir Khan
Ricky Hatton
Phil Taylor
Kevin Painter ( crackin lad )
Phil Brown
Rick Astley...lol
Jimmy James (without his vagabonds lol )
Robbie Fowler

All i can think of for now )

I've met quite a few famous people, but you may or may not have heard of most of them.
Here are the ones you might know:

Paul Daniels
Debbie McGee
Martin Daniels
Phill Jupitus
Stuart Cable
Phil Gale (Ex Big Breakfast newsreader)
Jody Bunting (Ex Big Breakfast fitness guru)
Chris Moyles
Pritchard and Dainton from Dirty Sanchez

And now the ones you probably won't:

Sabbat, inc Andy Sneap
all of In Flames (the drummer even called my wife for her 30th birthday
all of Dark Tranquility
Christina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil
Megadeth, inc Dave Mustaine
the guys from Bowling For Soup
Andy Cairns and Neil Cooper from Therapy?
Adrian Erlandsson (ex Cradle of Filth drummer now with Paradise Lost)
Jacobi from Papa Roach
Mikkey Dee from Motorhead
Derek Acorah (Scouse Medium)
Morat from Kerrang
Ric Flair, Jon Cena
all of Testament inc Chuck Billy
Chris Slade (ex AC/DC drummer)
guys from Dream Evil
Planet of Women
Valeria Dragova
Morigan Hel
InMe
Society 1
Mat from Trivium
Arch Enemy
Dani Filth
Bullet for my Valentine
DragonForce

and I'm sure I've missed a few. lol

my sisters spoken to loads, shes had dinner with boyz own, the hoff and his wife, she was invited to catherine zeta jones' wedding, loads of famous people, she now meets a lot of the british stars as she works / lives on the sea princess luxury cruise liners, and as its 90% americans on the boats, thats where a lot of the brit stars go to get out of the spotlight for a bit

my brothers met loads as well, as hes a manager for national express as well, and deals with big games and gigs all over the country

ive met pancho off dirty sanchez (older ones now lol) ruth maddoks quite a few times, and pretty often end up having a pint alongside max boyce

Tim Westwood
Jermaine Defoe - we were just giving each other a dirty look, didn't realise it was him till my mates went over to him all star struck lol
Chanelle from Big brother, she was with defoe ^ i just went over to her and started chatting instead lol
118 118 guys lol, all they said to us was "got your number"
Mr T, the original one
Theirry Henry
Martin, the boy from eastenders
Richard blackwood

Dude, its famous people. Chantelle is about as famous as a limp of cheese! lol.

I also met the welsh guy Huw that used to be in Eastenders, think he is in the wkd adverts these days.

I grew up playing with bev bevan and the moody blues were friends in the 60's I met various bands during that period ( i think cant really remeber because i was there)

my partner met Prince Charles and shook his hand as she was working with disabled children in aston

edogg

Back