Falty D-Box2

capdan

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a falty d-box that I purchased from Germany from a dodgie source. This box is actually a replacement as the first box was dead, after three months the contact sent me another faulty box lol

Anyway, this is the problem, I believe it is a dodgie tuner as no matter what image you use or what station you are on there is a block of discoloured pixeles stretching accross the screen, when the box initially boots up the boot picture is perfect with no pixalation which makes me believe it is the tuner.

Does any one have any suggestions or has anyone got a replacement tuner to sell?

Thanks

capdan said:
I have a falty d-box that I purchased from Germany from a dodgie source. This box is actually a replacement as the first box was dead, after three months the contact sent me another faulty box lol

Anyway, this is the problem, I believe it is a dodgie tuner as no matter what image you use or what station you are on there is a block of discoloured pixeles stretching accross the screen, when the box initially boots up the boot picture is perfect with no pixalation which makes me believe it is the tuner.

Does any one have any suggestions or has anyone got a replacement tuner to sell?

Thanks

hi have you changed the settings ie ucodes and drivers as sometimes that works as image could be running on different chips to your m8

I have tried different ucodes, the pre loaded ones any way. I have not tried any different drivers. could you please give me some more info on this? i.e. where to get them and how to load them on to the dbox

Thanks

CapDan

Best thing to do is a search and read the tuts as all the info you need is in them m8.
Might allso be worth flashing a different image, 1 of the latest ones of here.

I bet if MGB saw this thread and posted, he would write:
"the avia chip is faulty."

Lol, just my guess at what he would say - but he is probably the man to ask.
Liam

Maybe the avia chip is faulty. Maybe the signal strength is near the border between good and bad.
A good test is do record some minutes of a film on the pc harddisk and watch the result via pc and via box and compare the picture.
A good idea is always to check the boot log.

liamcrayden said:
I bet if MGB saw this thread and posted, he would write:
"the avia chip is faulty."

Lol, just my guess at what he would say - but he is probably the man to ask.
Liam
Well you were right there Liam LMFAO, good old mgb a true star.

Thanks guys, I know it is not the signal as I have a few boxes that I have tried and they all worked great. The question is - - Is it repairable and if so can any one lead me in the right direction or is it one for the bin?

Thanks

CapDan

Back