Sensible Topic Fake Watches - Do you have any ? Omega, Breitling, Tag etc

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all

For the last 3 years i have serviced my Omega Seamaster 300m myself, quartz movement and a genuine day to day watch...

TEMPTED to get a Breitling or Tag....BUT i have mates who have purchased replica's of MINE and i swear unless you have a microscope or look at the illuminessensce k toi can't tell the difference (the copy goes dark MUCH quicker)...

Would you consider a GOOD fake ?

Replies welcome as i deserve a present.....Got a website selling them and they are hardly cheap for a 'copy'.

Any replies welcome guy's..

Cheers

It may look great on the outside but what's the quality of the movement like that you can't see.
A friend has a Omega speedmaster he bought in the early 70s and it's still going strong.
Out of curiosity have you got a link for the website.

Yes, why not ;)

However if it is your thing and you can afford a proper one...

I have a Seiko (nothing expensive) that my wife bought me around 8 years ago for my birthday, I think it was around £300 which is enough lol.

In the past I looked at the A++ ones and they are sometimes around £300 - £400 anyway lol but the originals costs in the tens of thousands...

Mick

Personally I am not into throwing good money at 'designer' names although I do believe in 'you get what you pay for'. In other words I'm happy to pay a bit extra for decent quality without going mad. I use a Casio Waveceptor for everyday use and my 'posh' watch (50th birthday gift from o/h) is a Tissott touch-screen.
A friend many years ago brought back a fake Breitling he bought in Turkey for about £50. To my untrained eye it certainly looked and felt the part; it was heavy, no nasty sharp edges and it told the time. The only give-away was that the sweep hand ticked in seconds. I've seen more recent fakes that seem to have got round that.

I have a seamaster 300m auto I paid 900 duty free 13 yrs ago replacement value now 2.5k roughly. I also have a Breitling I paid 4.5k for about 3 years ago. Had a Comex Rolex which I sold in Africa , biggest mistake I made, now worth @40/50k. Next watch on the horizon for me is a speedmaster 57 LTD Ed about 5.5k, Love watches, dont love the service charges though, now roughly 350/500 per service via makers. I now send mine to a Glasgow watch repair guy to be serviced which is far cheaper and tbh I find they do a better job especially on the omega which I had trouble with swatch with.
Watch Repairs in Glasgow, Jewellers in Glasgow | Martin’s of Glasgow
Sorry dont like Tags never have, I like the old old heuer watches from the 60's but the modern day ones in some movements are not what they make out to be.
Speedmaster 57 on the right, id have it on a brown croc strap possibly and if I had the 20k Id buy the trilogy set.
As to fakes , sorry I wouldnt wear one. I'd save and save till I had the money for the real one just like i did, as if I wore a fake even if no one else knew it was a fake I would know it wasnt genuine. There are certain things in life where a fake will do me but not when it comes to masterpieces like good swiss watches IMO
OMEGA Watches: Specialities - The 1957 Trilogy Limited Edition

Last edited:
Personally I am not into throwing good money at 'designer' names although I do believe in 'you get what you pay for'. In other words I'm happy to pay a bit extra for decent quality without going mad. I use a Casio Waveceptor for everyday use and my 'posh' watch (50th birthday gift from o/h) is a Tissott touch-screen.
A friend many years ago brought back a fake Breitling he bought in Turkey for about £50. To my untrained eye it certainly looked and felt the part; it was heavy, no nasty sharp edges and it told the time. The only give-away was that the sweep hand ticked in seconds. I've seen more recent fakes that seem to have got round that.

Yes they have cheap and nasty Chinese automatic movements. The one I had lasted about a year and gave up the ghost.
I chose a Steinhart ocean one for my 25 years service because I have always loved the Rolex submariner and it looks very alike. I have wore it everyday for 4 year and hasn't missed a beat. I think their watches are great for the money.
OCEAN 1 BLACK Ceramic - Diver Watches - Steinhartwatches

Attachments

• IMG_1448.JPG
    IMG_1448.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 13
I have a seamaster 300m auto I paid 900 duty free 13 yrs ago replacement value now 2.5k roughly. I also have a Breitling I paid 4.5k for about 3 years ago. Had a Comex Rolex which I sold in Africa , biggest mistake I made, now worth @40/50k. Next watch on the horizon for me is a speedmaster 57 LTD Ed about 5.5k, Love watches, dont love the service charges though, now roughly 350/500 per service via makers. I now send mine to a Glasgow watch repair guy to be serviced which is far cheaper and tbh I find they do a better job especially on the omega which I had trouble with swatch with.
Watch Repairs in Glasgow, Jewellers in Glasgow | Martin’s of Glasgow
Sorry dont like Tags never have, I like the old old heuer watches from the 60's but the modern day ones in some movements are not what they make out to be.
Speedmaster 57 on the right, id have it on a brown croc strap possibly and if I had the 20k Id buy the trilogy set.
As to fakes , sorry I wouldnt wear one. I'd save and save till I had the money for the real one just like i did, as if I wore a fake even if no one else knew it was a fake I would know it wasnt genuine. There are certain things in life where a fake will do me but not when it comes to masterpieces like good swiss watches IMO
OMEGA Watches: Specialities - The 1957 Trilogy Limited Edition

Servicing has gone crazy !! I have used the above jewellers myself as well. Think it was recommended on here years ago when i had my first watch requiring a service.

Price is not a problem it's just that i have watched video's on Youtube on some fakes and to OUR eye you would not tell !! VERY slight differences and the chinese movements are now spot on...

I just came across this site by chance - Forever Watches Store: Top Replica Rolex,Breitling,Omega,Cartier Hot Sale

Cheers
The Chinese movements I have seen look really cheap. How long have the ones you have seen lasted for?
This is a twelve year old titanium Seiko samurai
with Japanese movement and it keeps great time.

Attachments

• B79C8975-2ACC-4D7F-AB1A-8513FE722DA8.jpeg
    B79C8975-2ACC-4D7F-AB1A-8513FE722DA8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • 03600A96-0C88-4382-B4B8-0A53D40CD741.jpeg
    03600A96-0C88-4382-B4B8-0A53D40CD741.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
I have a mate who has a Bretling Chinese copy and has had it 5 or 6 years, watch was £3000 Retail, think he paid £25o0 for it, it has NEVER missed a beat and is an Automatic !!

I have a mate who has a Bretling Chinese copy and has had it 5 or 6 years, watch was £3000 Retail, think he paid £25o0 for it, it has NEVER missed a beat and is an Automatic !!

He should of added the extra £500 and got the real thing lol
It must be a decent movement and not one of the nasty cheap one's
Where did he buy it from.

Last edited:
I bought a fake Rolex Submariner 15 years ago for about £60 in Zante. The movement stopped working about 6 months ago which isn't bad as it took a few knocks, I wore it to work for about 10 years.
Was told it had a good movement in it but put that down to sales pitch, can't grumble though. About time I chucked it but I had a good leather strap fitted.

I bought a fake Rolex Submariner 15 years ago for about £60 in Zante. The movement stopped working about 6 months ago which isn't bad as it took a few knocks, I wore it to work for about 10 years.
Was told it had a good movement in it but put that down to sales pitch, can't grumble though. About time I chucked it but I had a good leather strap fitted.

I would say you got your money's worth for 60 quid.

Bought a few over the years bought 2 x tag heurers from malaysia about 20 years ago, swapped one for a sealey drill and the drill still going strong and gave one to my dad I actually think it still works but he cannot see the dials. I also bought a omega speed master (moon landing watch) and a rolex per. peal from the ladys market in kowloon. Gave the rolex to my dad but it did not last they are kinetic and it stops working it you take it off you hand. My omega is ok but i use it as a bit of fun as my brother has the same original one. We often ask people to guess which one is real. I only paid about £15.00 each for them. I have a casio protrek prw-1300t as my everday watch it has altometer, thermomitor, compasss, and is solo powered, cost £380.00 but it never leaves my hand during the day.

I personally wouldn't want a fake watch as I don't see the point, if you care about what people think then why buy/wear a fake Rolex?
If you don't care about what people think (knowing it is a fake Rolex) then why not just buy a Lorus, Sekonda or Timex watch?

I personally wouldn't want a fake watch as I don't see the point, if you care about what people think then why buy/wear a fake Rolex?
If you don't care about what people think (knowing it is a fake Rolex) then why not just buy a Lorus, Sekonda or Timex watch?
Bought mine cos I liked it.

There are plenty of official products that look like a branded product for every price level whether it is watches or clothes or other "branded" products, IMO there is no need to buy a fake especially when there are individuals (not insinuating you) or groups of people trying to pass them off as the real thing conning people out of money like on Amazon or Ebay.

You bought it because it look like a Rolex (Submariner) right? Well these watches are waterproof/water resistant, go to depths that is stated on the watch, are Automatics, have/haven't a cyclops and are called Submariner.
http://tisell.filelink.cafe24.com/sub9015-6.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e6/b5/50/e6b550dd16202271f9521cf32aaa2d82--invicta--ocean.jpg
kiger submariner - Google Search:
orient submariner - Google Search:

I have a couple of good rep's & had them for years if you but cheap you will get crap ... Be expected to pay 400 to 1000 for a good rep.. I have a tag GT with auto movement and being working everyday for the last 2 years ..

here is a the best place to buy good reps from ..

PureTime Watches

auto there is a forum i can message people that people buy and sell on ..

Don't need to spend money on logos... if "fake" watch works good enough then why to pay more for "original" one? :)

Back