Fake £20

jay 210

Inactive User
Reaction score
watch out there about
must say this 1 was easy to spot just had a guy try to hand it to me ..he brought a sim for £3 and handed a very poorly made £20 looked like the ink had run
not like sum ive seen they were more harder to spot

20.jpg

be thankful there is only one type of note in england. Up here in scotland we have loads of new note designs all of a sudden and they all look like play money.

We are never really told when the banks will change the designs or why either.

i used to have the best fakes for miles lol

i remember a few years back i did a big job, and was payed about 650 quid in cash, i knew straight away that there was fakes in the middle of the bundle, in all only about 140 quid was real, the guys face was a picture as he tried to say the bank gave them to him lol

There's alway 1 smart**** who thinks he can get away wid it!!

There's alway 1 smart**** who thinks he can get away wid it!!

one of the best people i ever saw passing a fake 20 was skybabe, in a tight top, during a busy dinner hour in the middle of cardiff, guys behind the counter would NEVER look at the notes lmao

I also did it in a sandwich shop once i paid with the sandwich with the change they gave me had the fake back and got a baguette to lol walked away with all 3 he he

you paid with a sandwich?

lol

Chinese restaurant I got to has fake £20 notes up on the wall for the staff to see. Much better than that one!

I wouldn't really pick up on them! Worked out 2 of them with one with no serial number and one missing the silver strip but can't work out what's wrong with the last one!

most notes are etched, you can feel the etching with your thumb. If the note is completely smooth, then it could be fake - or very old.

most notes are etched, you can feel the etching with your thumb. If the note is completely smooth, then it could be fake - or very old.

and its normally onld the blind, or very clued up shop keepers who notice that, however, using a clipper lighter, and an old VHS video tape, thats easily introduced to any note ;)

I don't know if it works on all notes but when I was working in a shop we checked £50s by rubbing them on a piece of paper. If they left a red stain, then they were apparently real.

ink rubbing off a £50 sure thats not right
anyway had a word with a couple of shop owners on same road as mine
yep the same lad had been to most of the shops only wanting to spend a few quid ...trying to get at least £18 change back ....none of us took the bait this time but as the £20 note gets better quality all the time iam sure we will all get one and pass it on not knowing

Theres some really good ones floating around here at the moment, I was offered them at £4 each but you had to buy £1000 worth, not for me tbh, if you think about it where do you get a £20 now days ? I mean you can't get them in change unless you change a fifty (most places wont change them) or you got it from the bank/hole in the wall which are pre checked, if caught you would have a hard job trying to explain more than one .. Good fake tenners .. now theres a different ball game ;)

ink rubbing off a £50 sure thats not right
anyway had a word with a couple of shop owners on same road as mine
yep the same lad had been to most of the shops only wanting to spend a few quid ...trying to get at least £18 change back ....none of us took the bait this time but as the £20 note gets better quality all the time iam sure we will all get one and pass it on not knowing

Apparently so. What my manager always told me to do. Wouldn't leave much but was visible if you looked closely. All the £50s I saw taken in did it anyway.

your right just tested the rubbing with paper it left a faint red mark and the fifty is still ok guess its real
it sounded at first as thou you were saying the ink rubbed off ...better get my specs on lol

Santa's £20 Bank note

from today's daily record

A FORGER convinced a cashier a £20 note was real - despite Santa Claus and his reindeer being on it.

Stacey Rice's self-made Santa Christmas Bank note promised to pay the bearer nothing and listed Santa as the bank's "chief operating officer" with his address as the North Pole.

But Rice, 27, was still able to pass it off as genuine in an "astonishing" scam, a court heard.

She duped a gullible cashier at a gym and the woman gave Rice change of the £20 in smaller denominations.

The conwoman was only caught when gym bosses spotted the note was fake. Yesterday, Rice admitted committing fraud at Fitness First in Dundee on January 16 this year.

Sheriff Alistair Duff - who revealed the £20 was not even referred to as counterfeit in the charge, but as a "piece of paper" - said it was a remarkable case.

He added: "The most astonishing thing is you got away with it.

"It was astounding that you even dreamed this up as a scheme."

The sheriff added: "It's hard to imagine this undermining the banking system. I can't see the Chancellor being worried by it."

Dundee Sheriff Court heard Rice had been "desperate" for money after a hold-up in her benefits.

Her solicitor Scott Norrie said his client had been forced to rely on charity for six weeks.

Rice, of Dundee, was fined £75. She said: "I don't know what I was thinking about. Looking back, I can't believe I did it.

"I suppose it was just a desperate scheme to get some money."

Fitness First boss Rick Brown said staff were now being extra vigilant.

He added: "It was just a one-off thing that we were surprised about.

"We've given all the staff refresher training and gone through security procedures because we don't want this to happen again.

"People try to chance their arm all the time but this was quite bold and the first time anything like this has happened.

"It was noticed quite quickly after the exchange because the note didn't look or feel right.

"We certainly don't tolerate this sort of thing."

Back