Phone Unlocking Failed unlocking attempt W580i

j8mie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hope the combined knowledge of you folks will be able to help me.

I found the K800 thread with all the tools for unbranding and unlocking my W580i handset. I found the three extra files meangreenie meantions. I followed the instructions for unbranding the phone and that worked just fine. All good so far.

However when I came to unlock the phone, again I followed the instructions. In SeTool 2 Lite I got to the stage where it tells you to disconnect the phone, remove the battery, replace it and reconnect. When I reconnected it it said the update had completed, yet it still asked me to press C and plug the phone in??? The progress bar was still going along the bottom. I left it for a while and nothing else happened so I assumed that the process was complete. I stopped Setool 2 and unplugged the phone. I went to turn it on and it won't even power back on.

Is there anything I can go to recover this phone, or is it consigned to the mobile phone gravelyeard in the sky?

The instructions I used...
Apply patch to DB2020 CID52.
How to apply patch if the phone is unbranded
Unplug phone and turn it off
Start setool2 lite 1.11
Select phone model.
Tick bypass DB2020 security box.
Press the button add and browse for the main file.
Add patch In MISC files.
Press flash and follow instruction in Setool.

Any help would be much appriacted.

Just flash it again using the debrand instructions you followed. The phone will be alive again. It has to be due to the fact that when you patch unlock, nothing is written to the GDFS part of the phone.

Cheers for that Blartiartfast. I'll give it another go and report back :)

Sure enough that's worked Blartiartfast. I'm now back to the same stage I was before. SEtools asks me to remove the cable, remove battery, replace battery then press Ready. I've done that and then it says Press C and attach cable. Done.

SEtTools now says "CID52 Bypass procedure Finished" and below that it again says press C and insert USB cable. The progress bar is still going along, and the only button I can press is STOP.

Should I just leave it running or should I remove the cable, press C and insert the USB cable again?

Made some more progress. I've now been asked press YES to remove patch NO to apply. I assume I press NO???

I clicked No and now I have a fully unlocked unbranded working W580i.

Many thanks to all those involved putting the tools together, hosting the files and taking the time to find out who to do this and share that knowledge for free on here.

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Back