factory reset protection

willin

DW Regular
Reaction score
I have a problem where I can’t unlock a phone I had previously sold Nokia 6.1 (gave them their money back).

I have a nokia 6.1 bought it on android and hated it I have DELETED MY GOOGLE ACCOUNT then reset the phone, It won’t let anyone set it up again due to factory reset protection, it wants the previous owner to sign in with their account which I have deleted and now does not recognise even though I am imputing the old account details.

I have all the pin puk numbers and receipt, it’s not stolen which factory reset protection is supposed to prevent. Any way to unlock? Or maybe contact google and verify I am the owner?

Thanks for that @jfish not working for me unfortunately, the Samsung method is the closest – step 6 @ long press not working. I can get into keyboard menu but no 3 dots appear step 8, I have tried just about every combination – LG and HTC are totally different.

I do have the latest android O/S installed. I did try an app but when I get to the file manager to pop up - inserting the cable, it does not.

Cheers.

Back