FaceBook - what a pile of turd!!

digicol

Inactive User
Reaction score
North East England, but nowhere near Dutcho!!! Ba
Been asked to look a couple of old mates up on facebook. So for the first time ever I went to the site and signed up.

No problem there. But when I try to do a search it brings back a whole load of people from every blumming country and town but the one I want!!!

When I type in my old school name it comes up no matches found!! WTF? Of course there are people on the site from my old school!!!

I type in my town name, again no matches found!! I type in my mates name, Stephen Thompson from Ferryhill but still no joy, I get plenty of Stephen Thompsons but not the one I want.

What a heap of junk site this is!!

Unless I am doing something wrong of course, but for an experienced computer user this is proving to be a pain the backside, I am close to giving up!!

for an experienced computer user this is proving to be a pain the backside, I am close to giving up!!

fooking hell your experienced user dont believe that one bit pmsl
that place is real shite tbh sign for this that the other and invite 20 m8s to do the same gggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

its absolute shite m8, Tom is different to tom, and the spam is unreal from there

i dont like it either wots with all these apllications on there better off using friends reunited then get there addy from ur mates now its free to email them on friends f~~k faceboook

i tried it m8 told it to look for school, area and ages between 38-42 if i remember then had to wade through the first 40 pages of 18 yr olds before got anyone near my age.
don't think it works unless your under 18 lol

Maybe I'm getting on a little LOL but don't people value privacy any more?

Isn't putting your whole life on a web page a security risk?

Aren't these networking sites aimed at kids anyyway?

The only people I know using them are 17 year olds.

Most of my staff who range from 18-50yrs of age use some type of social networking site or blog. I dont think this is just a young persons phenomena.

i have just started this off last week although its fun at first you end up with people who you didnt want to talk to years ago taking to you again :)

I got to agree with Digi...its a pain, I had to join as my mate who lives at the other end of the country from me basically organised his stag weekend using facebook. I ended up installing a couple of greasemonkey scripts so at least most of the cr@p is now gone lol....i am a "bore" apparently lol. Get the flash blocker/ad blocker ect installed and it becomes slightly more tolerable.

Back