fa cup draw

whack

Inactive User
Reaction score
Chelsea and Manchester United will not meet in the FA Cup semi-finals, should the Premiership title rivals negotiate quarter-final replays.

In the draw for the semi-finals, Blackburn Rovers will meet either Chelsea or Tottenham Hotspur.

The second tie will see Premiership strugglers Watford tackle either The Red Devils or Middlesbrough.

Blackburn, semi-finalists two years ago, reached the last four this time around after a 2-0 home win over Manchester City in the quarter-finals.

Mark Hughes' side will await the winners of the 19th March replay between Chelsea and Spurs, who drew 3-3 in a thrilling game at Stamford Bridge.

Watford, runners-up to Everton in the 1984 FA Cup, advanced to the semi-finals after a scrappy 1-0 success at Championship club Plymouth Argyle.

The Hornets will face either Premiership leaders United, or Middlesbrough, who drew 2-2 at The Riverside and will meet again on 19th March.

Venues for the semi-finals will be decided at a later date, with ties taking place on the weekend of 14th/15th April

SKYSPORTS.COM

i wouldn't put the boro out just yet m8 they gave man u a run for their money and if it was not for a questionable penalty then they would have been out of the cup

thing is they got to come to Old Trafford now, and they never get much there....................

and now another incentive, is Watford in the semi, come on m8..........lol..........

thing is they got to come to Old Trafford now, and they never get much there....................

and now another incentive, is Watford in the semi, come on m8..........lol..........

it's a funny old game fooball it's a game of 2 halves lol
not every thing is without upsetts

u never know! a think its utd's to loose now, they have had sum very gud cup draws (from their point of view), nobody can say they took the hard route to Wembley. . . .

@ this present time the gods are looking after the reds , great draw , lets hope we over comke middlesbourgh 1st , come on the REDS

it looks all set for a man utd chelsea final we just gotta get past boro come on utd

@ this present time the gods are looking after the reds , great draw , lets hope we over comke middlesbourgh 1st , come on the REDS

Yeah, fancy Utd all the way at Old Trafford, 70,000 plus screaming fans and United on their own ground can only be good for us.

In terms of having an easy route, I disagree as no games are easy in the FA Cup, I believe sometimes its harder to play the minnows than it is the bigger teams. As with the bigger teams you set you stall, know what to expect and your players are really motivated ready to take them on.

With the so called minnows of the world, they usually have nothing to lose and a decent cup run is what most rely on so they will fight tooth and nail to gain an inch and many times have caused upsets.

I feel after the last few seasons, Sir Alex and the Utd team are once again hungry and will not let complacency kick in. That is what I think has happened with Chelsea and the fact they cant seem to defend without Terry.

I wouldve rather had a big team in the semi-finals as you're not sure what to expect with Watford, but dare I say it....TREBLE ANYONE???

Yeah, fancy Utd all the way at Old Trafford, 70,000 plus screaming fans and United on their own ground can only be good for us.

In terms of having an easy route, I disagree as no games are easy in the FA Cup, I believe sometimes its harder to play the minnows than it is the bigger teams. As with the bigger teams you set you stall, know what to expect and your players are really motivated ready to take them on.

With the so called minnows of the world, they usually have nothing to lose and a decent cup run is what most rely on so they will fight tooth and nail to gain an inch and many times have caused upsets.

I feel after the last few seasons, Sir Alex and the Utd team are once again hungry and will not let complacency kick in. That is what I think has happened with Chelsea and the fact they cant seem to defend without Terry.

I wouldve rather had a big team in the semi-finals as you're not sure what to expect with Watford, but dare I say it....TREBLE ANYONE???

Cmon so u wud rather have had Chelsea than Watford?!! I kno in the cup there is always the chance of a shock but surely u wud want to play a lesser side than one of the big boys

I am convinced its rigged....

Put the Man U and Chelsea balls in the freezer.....so they will not be drawn together!!!

FIX!!!

Back