FA considering a shock move for Beckham?

Harry Redknapp – 4/1 at SkyBet
Roy Hodgson – 4/1 at SkyBet
Martin O’Neill – 10/1 at Victor Chandler
Terry Venables – 12/1 at Coral
Stuart Pearce – 14/1 at Paddy Power
Marcello Lippi – 16/1 at SkyBet
Guus Hiddink -18/1 at Paddy Power
Frank Rijkaard – 20/1 at Victor Chandler
Sam Alardyce – 20/1 at Paddy Power
Mark Hughes – 20/1 at SkyBet
Steve Coppell – 25/1 at Victor Chandler
Alan Curbishly – 25/1 at Victor Chandler
Steve Bruce – 25/1 at Paddy Power
David Beckham – 33/1 at William Hill
Kevin Keegan – 66/1 at Victor Chandler

Current odds on a new manager.

I'd have Hodgson or Redknapp,any of the others would be going backwards.

BTW I don't believe a new manager is the way to go to be honest.

On a side note did you see the way that prick Copello treated Stuart Pearce ? I would loved to of seen Pearce headbut the Italian cnut right on the bridge of he's nose lol

brian robson for manager!

is it just me or does Pearce look slightly camp in that clip ?? lol

YouTube - Fabio Capello Bullying 'Psycho' Stuart Pearce on the Bench - apps.facebook.com/tipstercup/

looks like a bit banter to me... like i said i like capello and at the end of that clip where he rushes to congratulate shows that he does care and looked genuinely happy...

Appoint who you like as manager. It won't make a stinky turd of difference.

Englands top players are overrated massively overpaid bunch of tits.

By and large they are made to look good by their equally overpaid but undoubtedly more talented international team mates in the english premier league .

Take away the foreign talent and try to string a decent side of englishmen together and you get what we just saw.

a pile of spineless shite.

Capello has the distinction of winning the domestic league title with every club he has coached throughout his career.
In his first five seasons as a manager he won four Serie A titles with Milan, where he also won the 1993–94 UEFA Champions League, defeating Barcelona 4-0 in a memorable final. He then spent a year at Real Madrid, where he won the La Liga title at his first attempt, and in 2001 led Roma to their first league title in 18 years.
Capello also won two titles at Juventus (which were later stripped after the Calciopoli scandal), and in 2006 returned to Real Madrid, where he won another La Liga title. Overall he has won a major league championship in seven (or nine, counting the two revoked titles with Juventus) of his 16 seasons as a coach, and is one of the few managers to claim championship victories in four major European cities: Milan, Madrid, Rome, and Turin.

Lets be serious here...does that sound like a man who doesn't know what he's doing?

This new manager talk is ludicrous and a knee-jerk reaction to the fact that the players MASSIVELY under-performed at this World Cup.

The biggest problem in this country is not player power but bloody media power. The newspapers have been waiting for this to happen to Capello and every other England manager so they can shit stir and twist the knife in.
Every bloody manager since Graham Taylor has been hounded out of the job thanks to the media outlets in this country.

Its about time it stopped and take faith in a respected and experienced coach.

Take away the foreign talent and try to string a decent side of englishmen together and you get what we just saw.

a pile of spineless shite.

Thats the major major problem though. A Premier league side is a business at the end of the day and they want the best players to challenge and do the best they can in a season.
If the best players are foreign then that is where they will go.
No premier league clubs are going to agree to a foreign players cap,they will say its financial suicide. They'll start complaining that its a constraint of trade and harming the very business they've built up.

I don't think this club vs country argument will ever be resolved because the Premier League has got too big and too much money is at stake.

Thats the major major problem though. A Premier league side is a business at the end of the day and they want the best players to challenge and do the best they can in a season.
If the best players are foreign then that is where they will go.
No premier league clubs are going to agree to a foreign players cap,they will say its financial suicide. They'll start complaining that its a constraint of trade and harming the very business they've built up.

I don't think this club vs country argument will ever be resolved because the Premier League has got too big and too much money is at stake.

Bring back the 3 foreigners rule. But this time with the provision that European teams must play at least 3 english players to even up the odds ;)

welcome back daz

Bring back the 3 foreigners rule. But this time with the provision that European teams must play at least 3 english players to even up the odds ;)

welcome back daz

It won't work though because the Premier League will end being challenged in the courts by players claiming unlawful discrimination.

As for the rest of your post...????? :wtf:

Harry Redknapp – 4/1 at SkyBet
Roy Hodgson – 4/1 at SkyBet
Martin O’Neill – 10/1 at Victor Chandler
Terry Venables – 12/1 at Coral
Stuart Pearce – 14/1 at Paddy Power
Marcello Lippi – 16/1 at SkyBet
Guus Hiddink -18/1 at Paddy Power
Frank Rijkaard – 20/1 at Victor Chandler
Sam Alardyce – 20/1 at Paddy Power
Mark Hughes – 20/1 at SkyBet
Steve Coppell – 25/1 at Victor Chandler
Alan Curbishly – 25/1 at Victor Chandler
Steve Bruce – 25/1 at Paddy Power
David Beckham – 33/1 at William Hill
Kevin Keegan – 66/1 at Victor Chandler

Current odds on a new manager.

I'd have Hodgson or Redknapp,any of the others would be going backwards.

BTW I don't believe a new manager is the way to go to be honest.
couldnt say any better .... they r all shite ... but ya cant name and shame cos all there supporters say NO lol

Why should international managers need badges?
Load of boll*cks if you ask me.
I always believed that the manager was the most influencial figure of the team.

But when you think about, it with experienced players you shouldn't have to tell them how to play, they should know.
Team talk should be pictures of the oppositions forwards and tell the players.

JT that is your man, have a look at him, remember what he looks like, if he scores its your fault.
Ashley thats your man.........

Wayne that structure with a big net over it the goal, put the ball in it, not over the top, don't hit the woodwork and keep your shot away from the keeper.
Hard and low is the way to go

Never been a fan of this foreign coach balls right from the start, for me if you look at your bench when you need goals to keep you in a World cup finals and bring on Heskey you want sacking or worse.
We need some structure within so the press cant just hang the manager everytime we fail. Been mentioned here before a system of Ex managers coupled with up and coming coaches to carry the burden as a unit.
Id have Harry Reders as main coach along with big Tel, Shearer, Beckham, Pearcey even Stevie Bruce all within the set up as advisories and also for one of them to take over when the time comes.. Pre-groomed coaches similar to the German set up.
Looks like Roy Hodgsons unavailable to take up the post as he's on his way to anfield.
BBC - Phil McNulty: Hodgson perfect for Liverpool

lol roy hodgson is a shithouse...
liverpool can have him !!

He's done well on a shoe string at Fulham tho mt, got them to a Europa league final last year so least he's got the experience for next season ;)

He's done well on a shoe string at Fulham tho mt, got them to a Europa league final last year so least he's got the experience for next season ;)

hehehe yeah...he done real well...give him that
i just dont like him personally !!
his managerial skills are good

I dunno what it is about Roy Hodgson but whenever I see him on telly he always reminds me of an owl for some reason lol.

Looks like he's going to Liverpool anyhow.

I give Capello a week or two before he's sacked. England wanna be getting Redknapp in but will probs wind up with Allardyce who couldn't get it done at Newcastle.

I dunno what it is about Roy Hodgson but whenever I see him on telly he always reminds me of an owl for some reason lol.

I give Capello a week or two before he's sacked. England wanna be getting Redknapp in but will probs wind up with Allardyce who couldn't get it done at Newcastle.

hahah he does look like an owl ... funny as ..
alladyce wud be a big mistake imo...
i can live with redknapp , yeah give him a go

I can't stand that Allardyce,he's a knob who's thinks he's way better than he actually is...a legend in his own head!!!

He has no top club experience and never had to deal with big players. It would be an absolute farce for him to be even considered nevermind get the job.

Then again since when did the FA and common sense go hand-in-hand??

I give Capello a week or two before he's sacked.

I'd guess the FA are waiting on a certain players court gagging order, before they decide which way to jump. Just a hunch, and it could save them a few quid, whilst giving them a ready made scapegoat.

Oh, and as for the OP and Beckham. LMFAO. We're a laughing stock as it is, with our over inflated egos. Somehow, I don't see Becks in the Maradonna vein of motivation and man management.

Last edited:
well i think they should have gave the job in the first place to martin O'Neil
but since they didn't then maybe they should consider Steve Bruce and maybe beckham as an assist coach.
but the first thing they need to do is sack the whole team that played in the world cup, and start fresh pick players that want to play for there country and not wankers that are worried about there image.

well i think they should have gave the job in the first place to martin O'Neil
but since they didn't then maybe they should consider Steve Bruce and maybe beckham as an assist coach.
but the first thing they need to do is sack the whole team that played in the world cup, and start fresh pick players that want to play for there country and not wankers that are worried about there image.

You mean like Nigeria did...lol. Would never happen in England though and most of the players will blame Fabio.

Nigeria's president has suspended his nation's football team from international competition for two years after a poor showing at the World Cup.

Source

Back